GoldenAge SMuFL font

It’s at the top of this thread! :grinning:

Ah sorry - missed that!

v.12
The 2 seems to stick out, either it’s not slanted quite enough or the bottom doesn’t align, but checking the bottom is fine I think. FWIW, could be my eyes.

Hey, and I just won some kind of award for this thread, congratulate me!

3 Likes

Nice feature. I guess you get that notice only if you’re not the OP of a topic. (In my fantasy, it’d be more effective if it could go by word count instead of number of posts.)

1 Like

I don’t see a problem with the 2.

What do you think that question from the forum software actually means? Is it a way of saying ‘stop monopolising the thread’? - which you’re not btw.

An award with a very polite hint?

The message doesn’t make sense while managing to come off as very snotty.

2 Likes

I thought … DOH! Here it is again nagging me, here’s the full message

What’s the share about? Share that you’re such a loser as to be posting too much to the internet :grin:?

Anyhow I thought it was a nonsensical alert that was too ridiculous not to share

It seems to be implying that one is hogging the discussion, but trying to do so constructively with a suggestion to invite others. For one thing, I don’t agree in the case of this thread. For another, it is two sentences punctuated as a run-on, which irritates me.

I suspect the message is built into Discourse, but I don’t know.

1 Like

If I might hog the discussion, I’d be grateful for people to look at the chord symbols, as that’s totally not my bag, baby.

Thanks

@benwiggy - I can find some time to help with chord symbols. Is there way to check them other than create a bunch in Dorico?

1 Like

Not really: the symbols are all in the font: it’s mostly a question of whether they are at the right baseline position, size, etc for Dorico to assemble things correctly.

It’s all the triangles, circles, and what-have-you; superscript etc.

Thanks

1 Like

I’ll try and find some time this afternoon and tomorrow morning. So far though, I’m likening GA a lot.

Ben, I think it looks good for me, I only changed staff line size to 0.15

Here’s a PDF sample: 01 - Full score - RealBook Chords Overview.pdf (25.0 KB)

P.S: the slash of a 6/9 chord symbol needs to be tweaked (nudged a bit down) I guess

2 Likes

Most chord symbols look great, but a few improvements can be made. As noted by @NorFonts, the slash symbol is a bit to large/high, also when used for alternate bass notes.

I’m not too fond of the look of the default chord style however and prefer to use the Brandt-Roemer system, where the slash from the font is not used in alternate bass chords, but here the superscript 7 in D maj7 clashes with the previous MA.

1 Like

Lovely stuff. Thanks (@NorFonts ). I’ll have a look at these.

That’s a nifty cheat sheet, can you share the Dorico source? No problem if you don’t wish to.

:sweat_smile: it’s ok, here is the source file: Is there a chord symbols appearance presets reference? - #7 by dspreadbury

2 Likes

OK, I think I’ve fixed all the chord symbols. There’s a few quirks – symbols are closer to some Chord Letters (A-G) than others.

But all in all, it’s looking much better.

v 0.14 now available. Thanks.

5 Likes

Sorry @benwiggy - i got behind on a project and didn’t get the chance to investigate. Glad to see others stepped up to help.