Graphic error when moving the vertical bar on the right side

Graphic error. When we move the vertical bar on the right side, the Grid markings are cut off. Can anyone confirm this problem too?

Cubase 12.0.20

Can anyone confirm this problem too?

Print more detailed

I’ve never had this problem with earlier versions of Cubase. Cubase 11.0.41 works flawlessly without this issue.

I must be blind 'cos I can’t spot any issue in your screenshots. Make me see :slight_smile:

@Biochip, It is a graphical error that does not exist in other versions. Grid markings are clipped. I put a print with more Zoom indicating the problem.

Alright, so I guess I got it now. It wasn’t (and still isn’t) that obvious in your photo taken from the screen and somehow on my screen it does still looks like antialiasing effect (on my screen I mean).
Since I have now Cubase 12 and Nuendo 12 trials on my test machine I will take a look, I am using Intel internal gfx of a Xeon E3-1225v3 CPU (so quite old fashioned).

1 Like

@Biochip, Take a test and answer me here. This error happens when we move the vertical bar in the right corner. I did the test here in Cubase 11.0.41 and in previous versions and this problem does not happen. There is only this graphical error in Cubase 12.

Alright, sir, done as you ordered :slight_smile: No such visible artefacts here on my PC. I am using 1980x1080 screen resolution, no scaling (100% in Windows and Cubase) and HiDPi disabled (of course) in Cubase.

1 Like

@Biochip, Very strange for this to happen on my system. And I’m using the same settings as you.

but what is your System Info exactly?

Particularly, info about your display, like this:

Adding my specs

1 Like

@steve, My system is simple but never had this problem with previous versions.

I worked with Cubase 11 without problems

@steve, is is a screenshot of Cubase 11.0.41. It works normally when you move the vertical bar on the right side and there are no such clipping artifacts in the Grid as in version 12.

I found that when I change the HiDPI settings to +25% or +50%, there are no such grid cuts. Why am I having these graphics problems?

Is anyone having this problem?

Hi,

What were your settings in Cubase 11?

Cheers,
Armand

1 Like

@Armand, Good Morning! In Cubase 11 I am using 1980x1080 screen resolution, no scaling (100% on Windows and Cubase) and HiDPi disabled. Using these same settings in version 12, I see this graphic problem of clipping in the grid markup when we move the vertical bar in the right corner. Does Cubase 12 have different requirements and does it require any specific hardware for video resolution?

My bad. I had understood the grid cut would only appear when you are effectively enabling HiDPI.
Cubase should work seamlessly with regular LoDPI monitors. As we go higher in resolution some hickups might unfortunately appear… but that’s not your case here.

This seems like a very peculiar and singular problem. I’m gonna investigate but I can’t promise you’ll get a quick feedback as we’re dealing with bigger issues atm.

2 Likes