Graphical Issue when Comping Lanes?

Tried searching for this issue but didn’t come across anything. First off, here are specs:

• Cubase Pro 10.0.20
  • 2018 MacBook Pro running Mojave 10.14.5
  • 2.9GHz Intel i9; 32gb 2400 MHz DDR4 RAM; Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB; Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
  • UR44 with up to date driver & firmware

Now for the issue: when creating a comp track from different lanes (different takes) a waveform appears at the crossfade even though there is no audio data present. Screenshot of “comped” take at crossfade point:

When I go down to the expanded lanes, I can see there is no audio data present at the point of the crossfade in either lane:

Now, if I Bounce and Replace the two audio segments, this “phantom” waveform disappears:
Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 1.51.23 PM.png
There is no audio or noise that plays when this waveform appears, but it is a bit unnerving and distracting when trying to make comps of takes. Anyone else notice this behavior? Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi,

Isn’t it a noise? Could you zoom the Waveform in?

Hi Martin:

Thanks for the reply! There does appear to be some amp noise present, but the waveform that appears doesn’t seem to fit with the amplitude or position of it.

Here’s a screen recording of the behavior: 20190805-CubaseFade on Vimeo

Quick followup as I noticed some other odd behavior with the disappearance of the waveform in question. It seems there is a certain point where the waveform from the resulting crossfade “flickers” and disappears: 20190805-CubaseFade2 on Vimeo

Hi,

Could you provide a sample project (with these 2 audio files), please?

Of course. Do you have a preferred way of uploading the project file?

Thanks again,
Don

Hi,

Link to Dropbox/Google Drive or similar would be great. Thanks.

Its a visual bug/glitch thats been present for quite a long time (at least since v7). It was confirmed but unfortunatelly never fixed. It randomly appears when editing crossfades.

Two links from 2015 and 2016

thanks from me too!

Hi Martin:

Here’s a Dropbox link to the project. I put markers in a marker track where the graphical error appears. Dropbox - 20190728-SteinbergForum.zip - Simplify your life

Thanks again!

Thank you, Janko! It’s at least somewhat reassuring to know it’s not user error. I was starting to doubt my crossfading abilities for a minute. Still a shame that this has persisted throughout so many versions