Groove Agent ONE failed to locate samples?

~Hi, I’ve just upgrade to Cubase 6 from Studio 4.

When I try and audition/import loops I get the following message: ‘Groove Agent ONE failed to locate samples’? I have searched and tried to locate in the Steinberg folder but see nothing?

Where do I find them?

Has anyone got any ideas on this? It’s pretty fraustrating. Can’t try out all them new toys!

You could try to re-scan vst sounds on Mediabay 1st…

Hi Sonic

Yea I’ve tried re-scan all over the shop and still get nothing? Very fraustraing. Any other sugestions?

cheers

Paul

Hi,

please copy the 3 Groove Agent Content Files from the Cubase DVD to this path/folder:

:arrow_right: C:\Users[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound

:bulb: The 3 Files can be found here on your Cubase 6 DVD:

[Cubase6-DVD]\Cubase 6 for Windows\Additional Content\VST Sound

1. Groove Agent ONE 01.vstsound
2. Groove Agent ONE 02.vstsound
3. Groove Agent ONE 03.vstsound

Please start now Cubase 6 and rescan VST- Sound in your Mediabay.

Hi Marcus

thanks for the advice. I am afraid that didn’t work either? There isn’t 3 Groove Agent One files in that location just loads of sub files?

I copied the whole lot across all the same, re-scanned and still have the same problem?

I am going to uninstall Cubase 6 and start again. Any advice here? I assume I hadn’t loaded the upgrade correctly hence the problem although I’m not sure how? Also, I had sent a support ticket to Steinberg who responded with 'we don’t support Windows Vista so they can’t help! Would Vista be the root of the problem or is that just Steinberg being awkward?

Thanks, Paul

Win 7 is the way to go… :wink:

Long story short:
I simply copied the file to:
C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound\Groove Agent ONE 03.vstsound

Thanks guys! I’ve arrived!

Catch ya soon.

cheers

Paul

i am having the same problem with mine. only for osx.

i’ve found the vst sound folder inside the content folder, but i don’t know where to save it. also at the risk of sounding like a newbie, there doesn’t appear to be any .wav files which is what is seems to be looking for.

any help would be much appreciated!

mike :slight_smile:

anyone got any help for me?

i’m new to cubase so i’m working through the demo videos, but I can’t go any further until I get this sorted :confused:

:question:

Haven’t ever looked at GA One until now. It couldn’t find any samples when I first ran it. I’ve followed all suggestions above and now it can… but why weren’t the necessary files installed in the first place? I also get the impression there’s other content that’s not been installed… :confused:

There seems to be two locations for content under W7?
C:\Users[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content.…
C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Content.…

Are both of these valid?

Remember that GA content is in the closed .vstsound format…I dont think individual wavs are inc, you have to use GA in Cubase to bounce down audio…export slices etc…you use Mediabay to load stuff into GA, then export/bounce the actual audio part.

that seems a bit strange though. it appears to be searching for certain .wav files though, such as kick, tom, snare etc. surely these should be included somewhere?

I mentioned this in an older thread.

OK! I looked around on my Mac install of Cubase and found:
E:\Library\Application Support\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound Groove Agent ONE 03.vstsound.

I simply copied the file to:

and all is well again. :smiley:
Now as to why it didn’t install initially, boggles my brain :nerd:

i can’t find

on osx…

anyone got any help for me?
i’m new to cubase so i’m working through the demo videos, but I can’t go any further until I get this sorted

Most likely because you haven’t smartened up the MediaBay as to the whereabouts of the GAO content. It’s not your fault. This has been problematic with MediaBay for ages. Follow the directions in this screenshot:

See if this does the trick.

that seems a bit strange though. it appears to be searching for certain .wav files though, such as kick, tom, snare etc. surely these should be included somewhere?

It’s not. The GAO factory library is closed and proprietary. There are no .WAV or .AIF files associated with it. It’s looking for the “Groove Agent ONE 03.vstsound” file…which contains all the sounds in one big file.

still no joy…

The pathway the Cubase 6.0 Mac installer should have dumped them is:

YourBootDrive/Library/ApplicationSupport/Steinberg/Content/VST Sound/

…there, you should find these three files:

Groove Agent ONE 01.vstsound
Groove Agent ONE 02.vstsound
Groove Agent ONE 03.vstsound

These are the droids you are looking for.

Hello,

I’m on WinXP and have the same problem :
I can find the 3 …vstsound files on the DVD
and copied them to the 2 potential locations I found :
c:\programfiles\steinberg\cubase 6\vst sound
c:\documents and settings[user]\application data\steinberg\content\vst sound
I then followed the LocationScreenshot.JPG but all this does not resolve the problem

Can any body help me ?

Hi, like I said in my post, remove Cubase and reinstall. This worked for me first time.

Hope you sort it.

cheers

Paul