Groove Agent (SE) 5.2.10 maintenance update

Dear all,

we are happy to announce the availability of a Groove Agent (SE) 5.2.10 maintenance update. Together with the also available Cubase 13…0.40 update and a small Groove Agent SE content update it solves an issue with loading the Groove Agent One factory content from Cubase. Also there has been some more improvements and fixes.

Please feel free to update using the Steinberg Download Assistant.

All the best,
Frank

11 Likes

For Cubase 12 (or other versions) still getting the red indicator for unavailable sounds, you may want to delete the following from your sound content folder if you have not purchased them separately. These did not come bundled with Groove Agent yet were somehow installed with the 5.2.0 update.

1 Like

Great to see the browser list has been restored to some semblance of its former self. Much easier to navigate sounds.

Unfortunately this update didn’t solve the issues for last maintenance update.
indeed, no licensed kits are showing up and with groove agent 5 standalone it isn’t possible to load multiple kits.
Only tried it for few minutes and got back to 5.1.20.213

For me it seems to have fixed the problem:
image

I’m not seeing any of these on macOS or Windows.

Then I guess this clearly doesn’t apply to you. That’s is good news.

I am simply responding to say that I haven’t had this happen, so that people can see that it may be an intermittent issue.

The passive aggressiveness is not appreciated. :wink:

So I tried on my newest Windows 11 PC. The behaviour is little different.
On old pc Simon Philips studio is showing in mediabay, neurodrums and beat agent one. On new pc they don’t show.
The difference is:
On old pc I updated from the 5.1 and on new pc from the 5.2.0 version.
Still on both pc’s there are missing files.
Strange thing is:
Groove Agent SE is missing different midifiles then Groove agent 5 full version…
So yes, on my new pc I’m on the same version as you mentioned above, but still getting some files not loaded.

Thanks for this! That was annoying.

Granted mate, though if you look through previous threads, this issue has already been acknowledged by others. Therefore, your response was rather unfounded.

No problem. I did somehow figure this would still need resolving.

1 Like

I just checked. It seems to be fixed in stand alone. But when using as a plugin within the DAW, the problem persists. I tried both AU and VST3. Same issue. All the midi patterns are red for all kits.

OS: MacOS. DAW: FL Studio

Hi,

I’ve updated only the SE version of GA.
Most of the “Essential” style extensions are red. (They’ve all been purchased and licences are ok on the Activation Manager).

So I didn’t update the GA 5 (full) version which is still on 5.1.20.
GA SE bug 1
GA SE bug 2
GA SE bug 3

A few examples in pics.

I wonder if it’s because GA uses its own db in standalone and Cubase’s Media Bay db in Cubase? You could try deleting (or renaming to .bak) the Media Bay db and let it rebuild to see if that takes care of it.

Here’s the file location in Windows if you need it:

C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Steinberg MediaBay Server\mediabay3.db

Just tried it, but still the same problem.
Thanks anyway :wink:

how does one do this is Mac OS? Same idea?

What doesn’t make sense is the files are there in the standalone version when you launch the app. They are missing when you try to use it as a plugin in a DAW.

update: attempted to fix by removing and rebuilding the below in /Users/$username/Library/Preferences/Groove Agent*/:

ContentManager.xml
mediabay3.db
scannedFolders3.bin

No luck. Same problem in the DAW.

So in Cubase 10, GA works. But patterns are doubled.

The same plugin in FL Stdio 21.2.3

update: what I am seeing is

In the folder /Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Content/VST Sound

There are symbols links pointing to

/Users/$username/Downloads/Steinberg/OSX/$name/$soundname.vstsound

Is all that content supposed to be in /Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Content/VST Sound and no symlinks?

Sorry, I have no idea what’s going on there.

When I first got GA I downloaded a library I didn’t own by mistake, and deleting and rebuilding the database file worked for me then.

Hopefully someone who knows more than me will chime in and help out. You could also try logging a support ticket.

2 Likes

Blockquote
Hopefully someone who knows more than me will chime in and help out. You could also try logging a support ticket.

Blockquote

I think I’ll go for that.
Thank You !

I found a post relating to this issue. A fresh install of GA and all kits may remedy the situation, though you may just want to try reinstalling the sounds first. It does seem to be a database issue. I have had the duplicate issue in the past, though can’t remember if I just ended up removing and reinstalling everything to fix it or not. I do not think I resolved it by simply removing and rebuilding data prefs etc. though. Hope you find the solution.