Heads Up! New update - Plugin Alliance crash Cubase PRO8!

Yes it does make you wonder, particularly as it’s been going on for so long now and they have known about it for quite some time.

On their website it does say W10 “not supported” but one might expect they would’ve fixed this by now.

Just testing the latest updates, they look promising: (Apr 1, 2016)

• General: Major UI codebase update
  • General: Fixed possible crash when authorizing plugin ‘[~]’

Would you please keep us posted as to how it turns out, thanks?

+1

Absolutely!
so far=

1. Utilising the Graphics Acceleration Fix https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=226&t=84567&p=475881&hilit=graphics+acceleration+registry+fix#p475881
  2. Using pre-February 2016 Nvidia drivers
    Early testing re:CPU usage is looking better, less spikes, but I have yet to reproduce freeze/crashes/sluggishness, as previously mentioned, which I was experiencing, when in full swing with a Project:-

?3. Alt to copy Brainworx… vsts across channels (matjones Brainworx V3.1 seems to be working as expected…)
?4. Editing, Open/Close…[/quote]

This is encouraging… what happens if you click on the ‘key’ icon in the bottom right hand corner of each GUI?
On one or two of mine if i click on it cubase immediately crashes…

I did experience the key problem, until I updated all plugins, including the free bundle, now okay.
I license using a USB stick and it has been a bit moody, but generally, after a reopen, sorts itself out. (Probably not relevant, but My Account shows the same USB, twice, with same Name, but different Letters/Numbers).

Thanks steinpac… that DOES sound encouraging for sure… i have something on the go for the next week or two so it would be stupid for me to mess with my system until that;s done with but i’m definitely going to update to the latest installers once that’s out of the way to see what happens…

Been using new versions for a few weeks, now and all is well: Solo, Filter, XL, Character, V3.1… :slight_smile:

Hey BRAINWORX heads, looks like this is ONE YEAR OLD post!
Not fixed until now???
I have noticed the same issue with latest(!!!) bx_rockrack PRO plugin.
It completely corrupts Cubase 8.5.x.

Also seeing exactly this behaviour on cubase 8.5, windows 10, i6700k and gtx 560ti with SPL deesser and elysia alpha installed. Only on projects with these plugins.

if anyone could help to find a solution that would be awesome!

also removed all vst3 PA-plugs and only use the vst 2.4 ones (as per plugin alliance troubleshooting FAQ).
Not helping… :frowning:

Checking in again …

This problem seems to still be listed in the Plug In Alliance’s “Known Issues” page: https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/support.html :

There have been reports of problems from primarily > Windows 7 users in Cubase 8.5> . These can include audio glitches during playback, brief noise bursts, or host crash / hang.

We are working closely with Steinberg to track down the issue and provide a resolution. Until then, there are a few things you can try to mitigate the problems:

Troubleshoot by temporarily removing any connected USB flash drives from your system.
Try removing the VST3 version of your plugins and only use VST2; you can either do this by manually deleting them from the installation folder (usually ‘Program Files\Common Files\VST3\’), or deselecting the ‘VST3’ option when performing a clean install.
Use legacy versions of your plugins (pre-April 2015). You can obtain these by providing a list of required installers to Tech Support.

Please note that some newer plugins will not be available as legacy versions.

If you continue to have issues, please contact Tech Support and be sure to provide as detailed information about your system as possible. The more in-depth information we have concerning your system, the more efficiently we can help solve this issue.

I guess that means I won’t be buying any from them yet.

“also removed all vst3 PA-plugs and only use the vst 2.4 ones (as per plugin alliance troubleshooting FAQ).
Not helping… :frowning:

+1

I’ve given up completely with them now, they’ve known about it for a couple of years or so.

I’m using old installers for the PA plugs i own (mainly the BX v2), even with these the vst2 stereo version just will not show up in cubase, not even in the blacklist despite being able to see the thing in the folder i installed it to… again i mentioned this to their support a couple of years ago… all they suggested was to update to win 10… it seems people on Win 10 are getting issues too so i won’t be spending any money with them again.

Hi guys! I also have this problems (mainly on “big” projects). Brainworx plugins are constantly crashing Cubase 8.5.2. By now, there are no problems with other Plugin Alliance plugins such as SPL or Maag (but I don’t use them as often as BX plugins). When I use them for mastering or final editing on a single audio-track project, they seem to work fine. But on larger projects they fail. I had all versions installed, vst3, vst2.4 and also the legacy versions from the Plugin Alliance support - all of them are crashing Cubase! Let me know if anybody has a solution for this really annoying bug. So far my solution is to avoid Brainworx plugins, although they are amazing and outstanding - when they work :wink:

cheers

Aw hell no, that won’t help! Getting the exact same problems on Win10 with the Noveltech Character trial.

Is it some crappy DRM? It’s crazy that a single plugin can mess up your environment this bad: Kontakt fails to find samples, random 100db white noise burts, sample plays back with very artifacts, crasches, GUI errors all over the place.

How can they not have a solution by now?

Surprised to see this is still an issue. I went through a nightmare month with this problem before finally reverting back to the old installers.

They have some sales coming up but guess I won’t be checking those out as it’s not worth the hassle.

did the old installers work in your case?
I tried the legacy versions from the PA support, but they fail as well (in VST3 and VST 2.4)

Seems the Elysia Alpha is causing issues for some on the UAD2 platform too so it could be something a little deeper than their copyright protection… Elysia Alpha crashes | UAD, Apollo, and LUNA Forums