How to report a Cubasis 3 problem

Dear all,

In order to make the issue subforum better manageable, please follow these easy rules.

1. Before posting a new report, please use the search function (to look out for an already existing report)
  2. If you don’t find a similar thread create a new one (one report per issue)
  3. Make sure to follow the reporting form below when creating a report

Reporting Form (Feature Requests / Issues)

1. Summary/Title
(Provide a short but descriptive sentence that summaries the issue or feature request)

2. Description
(Provide a detailed description and list the step by step process to reproduce the issue to help the team to understand and reproduce the problem)

3. Expected Results
(Describe what you expected to see)

4. Actual Results
(Describe what you actually saw)

5. Environment
(Count the hardware and software including version numbers being used)

Thanks for your support.

Best wishes,
Lars

1 Like

In cubasis 3 in app FX 2 pack the rotary speaker goes like bypass when I reopen the project
And please provide Dropbox link where I have to share midi and audio bus related video which I made for your reference

Cubasis 3 won’t open on my Ipadpro 2015.
I noticed that on my account it only shows Cubasis 2.
I purchased Cubasis 3 pretty well when I first came out.
I can still access Cubasis 2.
No idea why?
thanks

Hi dansero,

What iOS version do you use?
Is Cubasis 3 installed and is the app icon visible?

Best,
Lars

Reporting Issues

■Petit noise during playback

○ Prepare an audio track with a phrase that repeats the same sample, such as a 16-beat bass.
○ For each sample, adjust the attack and decay so that there is no petit noise.

● In cubase 10, petit noise was removed in the same process, so we need the same result in Cubasis 3.

◇As a result, the petit noise did not disappear.
Freezing the audio track did not change the result.

-Environment
iphone8plus 256g
cubasis3.1.3(16/24bit 48kHz)

iOS version is 13.7

Reporting Issues

■ Mixdown creates blank data.

○ Create midi tracks or audio tracks using AUv3 synths or plug-ins.
○ Enable real-time Mixdown and Freeze from the cubasis3 settings.
○ Select WAV or FLAC when performing the mixdown.

● Audio data that reflects the behavior of the AUv3 synthesizer and plug-in effects is required.

◇ The result is blank audio data.

-Environment
iphone8plus 256g(iOS13.7)
cubasis3.1.3(16/24bit 48kHz)

1. Ipad os 14 unstable 96khz recording.
    96khz recording stutters even when no other tracks or plug ins are present.

2. When selecting 96khz (using apogee mic plus and jam plus), the audio stutters both in monitoring and playback and happens regardless of latency selected. Only works when recording at 48 or 44.1 khz.

3. Expected Results
    For audio to not stutter

4. Actual Results
    Audio stutters

5. Environment
    Ipad air gen 3 (less than 50% of HD used). No other apps running in background. Cpu meter doesnt show any increase in cpu. Using apogee mic plus and jam plus (both are 96khz supported.

I know its the ipados14 because cubasis on my 5 year old SE running ios 13 works with 96khz without any issues.

1. MIDI Not Sending To External Gear

2. When setting an output device to external gear (tried with Digitakt, Minibrute 2s, Polyend Poly 2, Digitone, Subharmonicon) and try any and all channels, no midi information is sent out of Cubasis (except clock). The same configuration however works no hassle in AUM, all devices are set up correctly to receive MIDI.

3. When sending MIDI out of Cubasis 3 to external hardware, MIDI should be received by the hardware.

4. No MIDI is received by hardware (except clock)

5. iPad Pro 2019, no apps running except Cubasis 3, sending midi attempting either over USB to hardware (digitakt) or via MIDI ports from a Focusrite to Minibrute 2s.

1. Summary/Title
    Cubasis buggy with Apple AirPods Pro

2. Description
    When connecting AirPods Pro, Cubasis has unexpected behaviors. Often the audio will be mono and low quality, sometimes it won’t plackback at all. Mostly, you have to turn the “Bluetooth/Airplay” button on. Usually a combination of these things will get the audio playing, but often to fix the mono/low quality playback, you have to switch between different sessions and then back to the one you want to work on.

3. Expected Results
    AirPods Pro working like they do in any other app.

4. Actual Results
    See description

5. Environment
    iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB 2020
    Cubasis 3.1.3
    Still buggy with all other apps closed.

Hi joshvoyles,

Please follow these steps:

• Please make sure BT is enabled in the iOS settings, and that the headphone is paired
  • Go to “Setup/Audio”
  • Enable “Bluetooth / AirPlay” by tapping the button

If the problem persists, please go to “Setup/Project” and re-select the sample rate setting.

Please let me know if this helps.

Best,
Lars

Thanks Lars,

Yes, following these steps I can get it to work correctly. It just sometimes is worse requiring more steps.

Is there anything that can be done about this or is this behavior normal?

Hi c-holdz,

Thank you for your message.

Cubasis for iOS is distributed through the Apple Store.

Please get in touch with Apple, who is in charge of billing and refund issues. We know the Apple support to be very customer-oriented, and hope you will be able to sort out your issue with them.

Best wishes,
Lars

1. Summary/Title
    Cubasis 3 limited to two input channels?

2. Description
    I have purchased Cubasis 3 (updated today to 3.2, same error). I am using it on a 10.5 inch iPad Pro running iOS 14.3.

I have connected a Sound Devices MixPre-3 to use as an audio interface. It has three microphone preamps and as a USB class compliant device it appears as a 6 input+2 output interface.

Cubasis indeed detects it as a 6 inputs device but when I create a mono audio track I only get any signal selecting inputs 1 or 2. Any of the rest (input 3 is assigned to the microphone pre 3 and inputs 5 and 6 are the stereo mix you can do in the interface itself) I get no signal.

As the MixPre has a very flexible routing configuration I have made sure that it’s properly configured. Connecting it to a Mac I have verified that inputs 1,2,3, 4, 5 and 6 show some signal. I just assigned one of the mic inputs to USB 4 so that the channel is not “blank” (I was wondering whether it might be triggering some bug).

1. Expected Results
    With the microphone ports open and gains maximized the noise present (and visible on the unit’s meter) should be visible on Cubasis. It only works for inputs 1 and 2.

2. Actual Results
    Only channels 1 and 2 show any signal, despite the fact that Cubasis correctly offer 6 inputs and two outpus.

3. Environment
    iPad Pro 10.5 inch
    iOS 14.3
    Apple Lightning USB 3 camera adapter (it includes a lightning port for powering so that it doesn’t draw power from the iPad)

Hi borjam,

Thank you for your message.

Cubasis fully supports the use of class compliant audio devices, with up to 24 ins/outs depending on the device in use.

Unfortunately, we are not equipped with the MixPre 3 device, mentioned in your message.

Please get in touch with the manufacturer of the device and inform them about the issue. In addition, we’re available to have them equipped with a Cubasis version for testing purposed if required.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

I have told them just in case, thank you.

Anyway, just to make sure. Do you fully support class compliant devices with a different number of inputs and outputs? I have found at least two apps that seem to assume that a two output interface must have two inputs.

Hi borjam,

Depending on the device in use, Cubasis for iOS offers up to 24 ins/outs.

Best,
Lars

**1. Summary
Playback stops after short time (10 bars).
With new project, one audio and/or midi track created, with no recording made yet.

2. Description
After creating/opening new Project.
Hit play button, play starts, then stops after 10 bars, and returns to start, without looping.
Looping is turned off, and loop length is set to one bar.

Add new empty midi or audio track (no data).
Get same results.

3. Expected Results
(Describe what you expected to see)
After opening new project, I expect to turn on the metronome, hit the play button, and have the metronome play, and the play head move, past the 10 bar mark, and continue indeterminately, or until I hit the stop button.

4. Actual Results
After creating/opening new Project.
Hit play button, play starts, then stops after 10 bars, and returns to start, without looping.
Looping is turned off, and loop length is set to one bar.

5. Environment
Closed all open apps. Do full restart of iPad Air 3rd generation, running iOs 14.3, by holding down power and home buttons.
Open Cubasis 3.2 latest update as of Dec.23.

Workaround:
After making a recording on at least one audio or midi track, the problem does not persist,
and playback will continue past 10 bars.

Dragging and dropping third party midi drum file on a track with drums loaded as instrument changes the sound preset to piano…

Hi Wavydavy1960,

Thanks for your report. Are you able to add a short clip with us that shows the problem?

Thanks,
Lars