How to report a Cubasis 3 problem

Hi @valf1sch,

Here comes the feedback from our engineers.
Sorry for the delay…

In “assignable mode”, the R/W buttons of nanoKontrol Studio send MIDI CC messages, which is why Cubasis treats them as buttons that don’t keep the state. There are two workarounds:

1. You could either use the KORG KONTROL Editor Software to configure a “Scene” where these buttons send MIDI Note messages (so Cubasis will treat them as buttons that keep the state)

2. or set nanoKontrol Studio to Cubase mode and, in Cubasis under Setup / MIDI, enable Mackie Control and disable MIDI Learn.

According to the manual, "while holding down the Scene and Marker Set buttons, turn on the nanoKONTROL Studio to set it to Cubase mode”.

To return to assignable mode, “While holding down the Scene and Cycle buttons, turn the nanoKONTROL Studio on to set it to assignable mode."

Best wishes,
Lars

Thank you very much for the support!
Indeed, Mackie mode (cubase) works properly, the buttons are all assigned perfectly. But there is an issue with the faders, and specially the paning knob. Overall, the latency is much(!) longer than with MIDI learn, and the paning knob is even out of scale/not working properly.
Is there a solution to that?

Thank you so much & greetings
v.

update:
the latency issue disappeared, sorry for that. probably due to restart / update ios.
th paning is also working better, still a bit funny though.

Hi @valf1sch,

Thanks for the update.
Glad to read that you’ve been able to resolve the issue yourself.

Stay safe
& best wishes,
Lars

Hi @valf1sch again,

Our engineering re-checked the MIDi Learn issue, and we possibly add a fix in the next Cubasis update (CBT-2749).

Best,
Lars

great!

Hi,Lars

When I mix down midi data and convert it to audio data, the tempo gets out of sync.
Is there any way to solve this?

Hi @Nyua,

Thanks for your message.

Please provide me with a short clip that shows the issue.
Ideally, share the project with us alongside the steps how to reproduce the problem.

Please upload all files via Dropbox or similar and let me have the download link via private message.

Thanks
& stay well,
Lars

Hi Lars,

Loading saved states (user presets) is not working for most of AUv3 insert fxs.

Also, I’ve experiencing a weird issue with some AUv3 insert fxs resetting to default state and losing all the adjustments previously made. (particularly DDMF NYCompressor and Mixbox so far)

Cubasis 3.3.3, iPadOS 15.1

Hi @INFrames,

Thanks for your message.

Loading saved states (user presets) is not working for most of AUv3 insert fxs.

Also, I’ve experiencing a weird issue with some AUv3 insert fxs resetting to default state and losing all the adjustments previously made. (particularly DDMF NYCompressor and Mixbox so far)

Please let me have more details including the exact steps how to reproduce the problems.
Once available I will share them with the team for further evaluation.

Thanks!

Stay safe
& best wishes,
Lars