How to report a Cubasis 3 problem

Hi @valf1sch,

Here comes the feedback from our engineers.
Sorry for the delay…

In “assignable mode”, the R/W buttons of nanoKontrol Studio send MIDI CC messages, which is why Cubasis treats them as buttons that don’t keep the state. There are two workarounds:

1. You could either use the KORG KONTROL Editor Software to configure a “Scene” where these buttons send MIDI Note messages (so Cubasis will treat them as buttons that keep the state)

2. or set nanoKontrol Studio to Cubase mode and, in Cubasis under Setup / MIDI, enable Mackie Control and disable MIDI Learn.

According to the manual, "while holding down the Scene and Marker Set buttons, turn on the nanoKONTROL Studio to set it to Cubase mode”.

To return to assignable mode, “While holding down the Scene and Cycle buttons, turn the nanoKONTROL Studio on to set it to assignable mode."

Best wishes,
Lars

Thank you very much for the support!
Indeed, Mackie mode (cubase) works properly, the buttons are all assigned perfectly. But there is an issue with the faders, and specially the paning knob. Overall, the latency is much(!) longer than with MIDI learn, and the paning knob is even out of scale/not working properly.
Is there a solution to that?

Thank you so much & greetings
v.

update:
the latency issue disappeared, sorry for that. probably due to restart / update ios.
th paning is also working better, still a bit funny though.

Hi @valf1sch,

Thanks for the update.
Glad to read that you’ve been able to resolve the issue yourself.

Stay safe
& best wishes,
Lars

Hi @valf1sch again,

Our engineering re-checked the MIDi Learn issue, and we possibly add a fix in the next Cubasis update (CBT-2749).

Best,
Lars

great!

Hi,Lars

When I mix down midi data and convert it to audio data, the tempo gets out of sync.
Is there any way to solve this?

Hi @Nyua,

Thanks for your message.

Please provide me with a short clip that shows the issue.
Ideally, share the project with us alongside the steps how to reproduce the problem.

Please upload all files via Dropbox or similar and let me have the download link via private message.

Thanks
& stay well,
Lars

Hi Lars,

Loading saved states (user presets) is not working for most of AUv3 insert fxs.

Also, I’ve experiencing a weird issue with some AUv3 insert fxs resetting to default state and losing all the adjustments previously made. (particularly DDMF NYCompressor and Mixbox so far)

Cubasis 3.3.3, iPadOS 15.1

Hi @INFrames,

Thanks for your message.

Loading saved states (user presets) is not working for most of AUv3 insert fxs.

Also, I’ve experiencing a weird issue with some AUv3 insert fxs resetting to default state and losing all the adjustments previously made. (particularly DDMF NYCompressor and Mixbox so far)

Please let me have more details including the exact steps how to reproduce the problems.
Once available I will share them with the team for further evaluation.

Thanks!

Stay safe
& best wishes,
Lars

Also having the same problem. Will not delete midi parameter events using the erase tool in the key editor tool bar. Thanks in advance.

Hi @cameeker,

Thanks for your message and a warm welcome to the Cubasis forum!

Also having the same problem. Will not delete midi parameter events using the erase tool in the key editor tool bar. Thanks in advance.

The editors come with their own toolbar, these are the steps that hopefully should work:

(1) Tap “SELECT” in the editor toolbar
(2) Select one or more parameter(s) which you want to delete
(3) Tap the “ERASE” button in the editor toolbar

Please let me know if this helps to resolve the problem.

Thanks,
Lars

Thanks for your quick response. As I stated, it’s the erase tool in the key editor that does not erase parameter events. It does erase note events. Also, the erase tools in the automation and track preview tool bars work fine. Hope this can be fixed, it’s a tool I use frequently. Hardware/Software: iPad Air 2, iOS 14.4, Cubasis 3.3.3 LE upgrade to full version.

Hi @cameeker,

Thanks for your reply.

I gave it a short check, where things work as expected.
Please let me have a short clip which visualises the problem, and the steps.

Thanks
& stay safe,
Lars

Here’s the clip.
RPReplay_Final1643045935.zip (4.0 MB)

Hi @cameeker,

Thanks for the clip!

It seems that the problem is no longer reproducible in the upcoming update, which is aimed to be released sometime soon.

Please check it again, once the update becomes available and let us know about your results.

Thanks in advance!

Stay safe
& best wishes,
Lars

Thanks, looking forward to the update. Also, would be nice to have a 6/8 time signature as some midi in 6/8 does not line up right in 2/4 or 3/4. Thanks again.

When in loop mode, the first note is doubled, so that it looks like the timing issue. This didn’t use to happen, I am not connected to any other apps and I restarted, same problem. It also makes a very loud noise on that very start of the loop.

Just updated to 3.4 version of Cubasis and 15.3 iOS version. Same problem still there. Cannot erase any parameters with the erase tool in the key editor. Notice other people having the same issue as myself using the same version of Cubasis, the LE upgrade to full version. Could the answer be with the full upgrade app. It’s almost worth buying the full version just to not have this problem, but that might not work either. Hope this can be fixed as I use this tool a lot.

Reporting Form

1. Summary/Title
Cubasis 3.4 Bluetooth midi issue

2. Description

• just updated to 3.4, earlier version was working perfect. I use 16 channels of 5 pin din midi, 6 channels of USB midi & 5 channels of Bluetooth midi. All hardware synths. When I press stop I get hanging notes from a couple of synths so I press the midi panic button on a channel to stop it but it stops the Bluetooth midi from working, I then have to switch everything off & reboot the iPad. Everything then works but I end up in this vicious circle of hanging notes & resetting. As I’ve already said it worked fine on the previous version & know it’s unusable for me.

3. Expected Results
To press stop & everything stops

4. Actual Results
*note’s hanging

5. Environment
*bluetooth midi from Roland Jupiter XM, 5 pin din midi Roland mc 505, emu proteus 2000, novation mini nova & A Station, Roland TR8, Roland JP08. USB Midi Novation circuit, Korg Monologue, Korg micro sampler. Audio interface Tascam IXR. iPad Pro gen 1 running Cubasis v3.4