Nuendo 5.5 unveiled - free update from Nuendo 5 / NEK 5

Hi Christoph,

we had to stop the activation code distribution because of the gigantic
number of emails the system has send out last night.

We’re currently working on the solution and will send new codes asap.

Thanks,
Timo

Ah, ok - no problem!

Hi I too got 2 Serial numbers for both Nuendo 5.5 and NEK 5.5 but I don’t get the fact that all of these licenses are described as ‘Educational’ I have the full version of Nuendo 5.1 and NEK 5.1 and i will not be using these serials until educational has been taken off them.

Whats the story with this?

Does anyone at steinberg know?

Hello,

as mentioned, this is part of the server problem we currently have.
We’re working on a solution!

Thanks,
Timo

So I was given 4 keys but they all seem to be N5 to 5.5 keys, which means I would need a 4th USB dongle. I would need a dongle that has 5 on it already. It’s too bad I couldn’t just buy a spare key and use the license to have a new copy of Nuendo. Anyone else getting these spare license keys sent to them.

Hi Timo,

I am also getting the “A communication problem occurred while accessing the license server.” after trying to activate with the Nuendo Edu 5.5 + Nek Edu 5.5 keys provided on MySteinberg page. None of them worked. Is this related to the server problem or I need another keys? I did not receive any on my email although I am registered as Edu Nuendo User.

Best,
Dan

Hm … I got 6 mails from SB. Think, my provider has a good Spamfilter :mrgreen:

I feel fortunate I only got 46 emails. I am waiting to update until the dust settles. Some nice new features though.

Thank you for this amazing free update. I feel glad that I chose Nuendo over everything else out there.

If you have a regular license and have already received your activation code(s) you can go ahead and use these.
Your regular license will remain a regular one.
It is a false statement in the email you have received that it says “Educational” if you indeed have a regular one.
This is part of the issue with those emails at the moment.
The activation codes themselves are fine.

When in doubt just check in the eLicenser Control Center after you have performed the license update.
It will say nothing about “Educational” for your updated license.

@Brandy: I have PMed you your activation codes, so you can go ahead and use Nuendo 5.5 :slight_smile:

Feel free to contact us via support if your activation codes don’t work or you didn’t receive any. Please also check your MySteinberg account in this case, as the activation codes also show up there (not just in the email).

Cheers,
Sebastian

Hey Sebastian, thanks a lot!! That way I do not need one of Matthias 666 Codes :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Sebastian,

Are the servers back online? I am still having the error when trying to activate my keys.

Thanks in advance,
Dan

Hi,
I have N5.0.1 installed and wanted to install N5.5. Recently I installed N2 because I wanted to import some old cubase songs. When I installed N5.5 it copied the settings (also VST instruments) of N2, not from N5.0.1! Can I somehow tell the N5.5 installer to copy settings from N5.0.1?
Thanks!
Also thanks for the 164 e-mails. It was quite clear there was an update!

I don’t think you can tell that directly. But it sounds strange, since if I remember it correctly, N2 and N5 store the xmls in quite different locations.

You could try to move the N2 settings folder to another location and reinstall N 5.5. That MUST work.

Dear forum-members,

short update regarding the server situation:
The activation of Nuendo 5.5 licenses should work without problems meanwhile for those who
have already gotten a code, so everyone who received an error message should try to enter the
activation code again into the eLicenser control center.

As of tomorrow, the distribution of new codes will be taken up again (for those who register
Nuendo/NEK for the first time). More information will be available tomorrow!

Thanks,
Timo

Yes, I can confirm. Everything in ok now. Thank you Timo!

Great update, but I missed some options from N5.1, for example, I can’t edit by mouse automations when recording. Am I missing anything?

No you’re right (sadly). Have hope they fix it again soon.

Pål

Well, I’m glad I’m not the only one, at least…

i Have just updated N5 to 5.5 and installed NEK5.5 however Loopmash2 on loading comes up with ‘Loopmash2 contains no valid license’ and when N5.5 opens ‘Scores’ is missing from the pull down menu. However it is in N5 and works fine.
Any ideas? Would uninstalling N5 work?
Thanks