Out now: Jazz Essentials VST Sound Instrument Set

Add jazzy beats to the Acoustic Agent of Groove Agent 4 and Groove Agent SE 4 available in Cubase Pro 8 and Cubase Artist 8. Jazz Essentials comes with ten new Styles that deliver the rhythmic pace for each jazz arrangement.

Jazz Essentials is exclusively available through our Steinberg Online Shop.

Features:

10 jazz Styles for the Acoustic Agent drum kits in Groove Agent 4 and Groove Agent SE 4
Each preset includes a Style and a mixer preset
The grooves cover different tempos and time signatures and range from basic jazz phrasings to complex syncopations
Each Style includes main parts, intros, endings and fills
An inexhaustible resource for creating backing tracks, inspiring new jazz compositions and improvisation sessions

Read more

what’s the difference between the SE kits already included in Cubase 8?

Band Conversation SE vs Band Conversation

Thank you Matthias,
This is exactly what I have been asking for. The drum sounds are better, there is the ability to jam with the grooves and then create a complete midi track in Cubase easily.

Please extend my gratitude to your team.

Scott J.
:smiley:

Bought and now? Cannot find any of those listed here, Jazz Essentials for Groove Agent | Steinberg

I bought this, I go to load a pattern I can see the Jazz Essentials patterns. However, if I go to Load a Kit with patterns and Select Acoustic Agent Vintage Kit (or all agents for that matter), I do not see any Jazz styles listed

Same issue here. Installation went ok. But, they don’t show up anywhere.

To clarify, I don’t see any of the preset names anywhere. In any Agent in Groove Agent 4 standalone.

I’ve not tried it inside Cubase Pro 8 yet.

I notice the same issue with ‘Prime Cuts’.

Any news of a fix?

:frowning:

Just done a reinstallation and they now show up.

How odd. Anyway, I can test it out now. Phew.

Hi,

please make sure that you choose the right user mode (single vs. all-user) when installing the instrument sets. If the user modes are mixed for Groove Agent and the instrument sets, the sets won’t shop up in the MediaBay.

And all the instrument sets for Groove Agent 4 show up as individual libraries in the library selector. After installing Jazz Essentials there will be a new icon on the library selector page (same for Metronomic Cinema and Prime Cuts). The presets of Jazz Essentials won’t show up in the GA4 MediaBay if you just select the Vintage Kit. The new styles are available in the Style Player of the Acoustic Agent for all of the three kits though.

1. on the web page the patterns are called Pat Martini, etc. Are they missing from the library?
  2. Are there any kits with brushes? Can I add brushes?
  3. I seem to be crashing or hanging Cubase when I run GA4 as a VST instrument. I am limited to one agent. The second agent says reduce the pre load amout or remove plugins. I’ve played with the max preload and set it from 2000 to 400. Sometimes 400 lets me load two agents. but then not all drum samples are present. Also if I record the two agents on 2 midi tracks only one track works. The other doesn’t record any data. My RAM slider is one notch from full ram. My voices are set to 16 bit.

Any suggestions? Again, I am happy with the jazz grooves. Would like brushes, but can live without them.

Atttached is my system data. I’m still 32 bit on Windows seven. Not planning to buy a new computer at this point. Hoping there is another workaround.

Pat Martini is just the name of the demo track. The patterns used in the demo come from the preset “Hereabout”.

1. Are there any kits with brushes? Can I add brushes?

There are no new sounds included. Jazz essentials just adds new styles for the Style Player.

1. I seem to be crashing or hanging Cubase when I run GA4 as a VST instrument. I am limited to one agent. The second agent says reduce the pre load amout or remove plugins. I’ve played with the max preload and set it from 2000 to 400. Sometimes 400 lets me load two agents. but then not all drum samples are present. Also if I record the two agents on 2 midi tracks only one track works. The other doesn’t record any data. My RAM slider is one notch from full ram. My voices are set to 16 bit.

Any suggestions? Again, I am happy with the jazz grooves. Would like brushes, but can live without them.

Atttached is my system data. I’m still 32 bit on Windows seven. Not planning to buy a new computer at this point. Hoping there is another workaround.

Maybe you should think about adding more RAM to your system.

I would happily do that, but Everyone I speak with says that 4gb of Ram on a 32-bit operating system is the maximum. My only option is to re-install Windows 7 with 64 bit, Windows 8, or new computer. I’m not sure if my current hardware would loose performance if I re-installed Windows 7 and bought more RAM. I would also have to spend about 400-500 dollars on replacing 32 bit applications I am running currently.

The standalone version runs better than the VST. Can I adjust Cubase 8.0f or any other GA4 settings. I have tried more or less disk, 16 bit, can’t figure what RAM save button is supposed to do, but it hasn’t helped when I unload certain samples. Any suggestions are welcome.

wow… who arranged and played those demos… sounds fantastic !! :sunglasses:

Yes, these are nice patterns and sound quite real.
Of course, we always wish for something missing.
Like Jazz Waltz…more Bossanova…5/4…etc.

I was talking about the all arrangements. Piano bass drums… Good compositions and production. I wonder who did them. The artists!!
There always be needed more styles and kits… Brushes for example

I agree. If Steinberg doesn’t want to expand the jazz/blues styles, it would nice to be able to use 3rd party styles and apply the variation, auto fill, and other (artificial intelligent style) features on them.

I wasn’t knocked out by those demos, if I’m honest.

Ok as far as they go but a bit repetitive & lacking in subtlety.

Has anyone any examples of the Latin Jazz & Fusion styles?

If those styles are convincing I might be persuaded to shell out.

I agree with you. The examples on the web are ok. If you haven’t bought GA4 yet the benefit is that when you load one of the styles, you can add complexity, fills, volume with a quasi artificial intelligence feature. It gives you more variations. Also you get intros and endings that are easy to add to your rhythm track. Its ok. there are about 10 or so styles each with all these variations mentioned above.

Unbelievable… Jazz essentials without brushes and Jazz Waltz…
That’s the problem with ppl who don’t listen to good music at all I guess…
…at least it shows that Steinberg has no idea of Jazz at all…

Agree, they are mostly Euro-Pop

lol… Yes, I agree… it’s very German… lol although I live close to Germany here in Austria… I think I’ve played with better drummers than they recorded with.
I think the technology of GA4 and the idea of pattern variations is great… I just wish German technology would somehow meet American knowledge of Jazz and sound and the great drummers they have… then we would have a perfect product… but I doubt that will happen.
…so I think I will have to use something like EZDrummer because at the end even if we are using this technology music is (or should be) more important than technology… but I never give up hope :slight_smile: