Please return: transparent events + wave image style menu

Puma - oookaaaaay, you are right :wink:

Absolutely! Was not the best analogy - Dadas analogy is more fitting :slight_smile:

So, let us all hope that the snaretrack will be added as soon as possible, because it seems that the drummer was awesome :slight_smile:

sorry, but I´m absolutely pis… off with those missing transparent events, dissapointing ! Steinberg talks about that great new look and better handling. But nobody says which funktions are gone in C6, users notice when they have spent their money. I don´t even know why people like those “music maker” style events. I couldn´t believe that those transparent event are gone, boy oh boy… i guess that most of the professionel guys want them back, and in my opinion there´s no need to discuss why. For me, C6 isn´t ready yet, because of those events. If they don´t come back during the next weeks I will definately switch to another software…
I NEED TRANSPARENT EVENTS !!!

Yep, they need to make money, so they wont write that on the box …
It’s always a good idea to study the forum, before updating.
In this new forum, the lounge has become an important place for such info,
as all the bigger/noisier issues are moved over here …
:wink:

… and like I said in the first post :
Please return: ‘transparent events’ and the ‘wave image style’ menu !
:sunglasses:

bye, Jan

I’m not sure why it seemed like a good idea to exchange something practical for something that looks cooler. First of all, you should be able to do both. Second, if you can’t, then stick with the practical. That’s what makes a good audio tool a good audio tool. Please, please, please. Bring back transparent events so that I can start using Cubase 6!! I’ll be sticking with 5.5.2 until it this feature is re-implemented.

Thanks!

This seems like a very important issue - why have the moderators made no comment yet :question:

Actually, they have …

Well, I have already explained the situation in this topic, and there is not much new to add since that. We know that this is a hot topic. I am not much of a fan announcing news as long as there are none, respectively when the time is not yet there. To sum it up very clearly: We have not started to ignore the issue.

LOL … Christian, do I have permission to use this one at work. That’s brilliant!

EDIT: Here’s one of my all time fave’s… “Resubmit in 90 days for further disapproval”

just waiting for the ignorance to begin right here… :wink:

First I wanted to say, on a serious note:

Christian (and others Steinberg folks)…thanks for listening…and then taking the time to post and let us know that you aware of our concerns. Really, Thanks!

Second, on a very UNserious note:

I’d like to add to our collection:

“It’s our plan to be very clear on that, very soon”

…and my all time favorite…

“The beatings will continue until morale improves”

+1 Transparent events are crucial for me…

I apologize in advance for being difficult, but I fail to see how telling us that “It’s just not ready” is AT ALL a valid explanation after this many users have made it perfectly clear that a lack of transparent events is a dealbreaker.

Can we get some kind of ETA? Some kind of useful information other than “Sorry, we released beta software for public consumption”?

I would have never purchased C6 if I had known in advance that Steinberg had done away with the feature most crucial for my workflow.

I want this feature in C6. I use it in Studio4 every single time I edit anything. BRING IT BACK. Please.

+1 for returning with transparent events. It is such a workflow breaker not having it. For things that need to be TIGHTLY edited, the lack of it is a really really really big pita.

+100,002 - Bring back transparent events and stop adding in useless features, dumbing down a great product, which is starting to lose serious ground to its more workflow friendly competitors…Good grief SB!!! I’ve got no choice but to stick with 5.52 and yes I’m a sucker for buying C6, which is now a pretty icon on my desktop.

With the greatest of respect and understanding towards Christian D, I’m wetting myself laughing regarding some of the obviously (lost intranslation) and unintentionally bizarre comments!!! Genius. Move over Dubya

Though in his defence, they’re not as bad as that awful C6 promo video…eek! :laughing:

I remain a Cubase fan. Seriously, it’s awesome! Well almost, depending on the release you have, but with the next release - maybe not, possibly…but don’t worry, wait indefinitely for news about when they’ll be able to give you news :open_mouth:

Just installed Cubase 6. It looks great!
But +1 for the return of transparent events!
Until then, i’m back with cubase 5…

I’m not going to be installing my upgrade until transparent events is implemented in C6. I’m a big supporter of Cubase, and I really don’t understand why Steinberg even released C6 without it. Slip editing with transparent events is by far the easiest and most pleasant form of editing all around IMO.

So how 'bout them transparent events :mrgreen:

Another vote to bring this back asap. I find no reason to give SB $150 until they do.

+1 Return transparent events this is crucial for all the users of cubase!!!

Was away from the forum for 6 weeks or something - any news on this one?

I am stuck to C5 just because of that. I feel that C6 is a great release, but I will not be able to work in it for now.