POLL: Is C6 hanging on exit for you?

Happy for you, no change for me though

it was hanging on 6.0.5 till i updated all win 7 64 bit updates and now it’s as good as gold !

freq

What updates are you referring to?

all windows 7 64 bit autoupdates , before i had updated i was getting nearly a 3 minute hang but after i updated all microsofts updates it’s been fine

freq

OK thanks I normally have the auto update on anyway but maybe I should install the optional ones as well. I will give it a go

have you tried defragging as well as im not sure if it was the updates or the defrag that cured the hanging .

Just bought a new PC (i7-2600 3.4Ghz, 16Gb RAM - will update footer after this) and did a completely clean install on Windows 7 64bit including all latest Win7 patches and Cubase 6.05. Crash on exit appeared immediately and crashes every time I exit. This is the similar to my previous system only now it is 100% vs 70% previously.

Just to be clear, the error on exit is “Cubase 6 has stopped working”. Closing the program allows an immediate restart without any visible problems.

It seems the root cause of this problem has yet to be found. Are there any debugging tools that would aid a fix for this?

The best debugging tool is to start fresh with just the bare essentials and Cubase. Don’t install any drivers for any hardware you do NOT need, only what you need to run the computer itself. Then test Cubase and see if you have the issue. If everything goes well, try installing one driver at a time and keep testing Cubase. I’m sure you’ll get to the root of it this way.

HTH

This is occurring to me with Cubase 6.0.5. I think it would be helpful perhaps if while a project was closing if Cubase displayed what it was waiting on a response from. Maybe it would just display such info if you turned on a debug mode.

I’ll formally open a ticket once I have a bit more free time.

Try a different audio interface, not M-audio.

Cubase is slow to close when using the x button. We also have a problem with Video EngineOutputer.exe which draws about 23Mb of memory and sometimes does not close. Is this part of Cubase and/or could it be the source of the bug? Just guessing…

I think you’re right. The video engine is hanging quite often. Someone told me that converting my videos to H.264 format would help and/or resolve the issue (again, I’m on Mac OS). Haven’t tried it yet though.

With 6.0.5 (I was on 6.0.2) it seems there has been some improvement done as I haven’t encountered any hanging on exit yet (using shortcut CTRL+Q even with open project)

I have been getting the “Cubase 6 has stopped working” message on either exiting via Quit in the menu, or via the red X. In both 6.04 & 6.05. I tried this about 10 times in a row last night in v6.05 and got the error 100% of the time.

Killing the relevant process allows me to start working again.

I can close projects without issue (before quitting the entire application).

Win 7 x64, all patched up, Cubase x64

For the benefit of the forum can you list precisely which processess are failing to close please?
:sunglasses:

Here, all of them.

Cubase.exe
SYNSOPOS.exe (dongle)
VSTBridgeApp.exe *32

I dont have the vid engine running, so that’s not in the list.

Cheers.

Well, to simplify matters (I’m not in front of the DAW now) if you right click the Cubase app in the taskbar and select ‘close’ you’ll be prompted to kill it as it won’t respond, after a second or two. Or at least I am. Note that I’m doing this while the “Cubase 6 has stopped working” message is displayed on screen.

Or you can do what the poster above mentioned :slight_smile:

I hope that’s of some help. I’ll check my process list when I get home later, and post back.

The “Cubase 6 has stopped working” dialog box also has a ‘cancel’ button, which also seems to kill the application successfully. On starting Cubase up again I don’t have any issues.

As suggested, I can also just kill Cubase.exe via the task manager to do the same thing.

I really think it was time this problem was fixed. Many of my projects have to be killed due to Cubase hanging and it is not just the inconvenience of doing it but other things seem to happen e.g. if you save a track preset and then have to kill the project the preset does not save. Weird I know. For a professional program like Cubase surely it should shut down properly!