I´m using Windows 10, VL 1.2.4
Recently I replaced my Focusrite interface with an Audient ID4 MKII with latest drivers.
- Now I hear pops and crackles from Stack inputs all the time, the CPU is at 10% or less, no matter the buffer size or sample rate pops still there even without any plugin present.
Never happened this with my Scarlett and I´m not having issues with Audient in Cubase 12.
- I tried to change driver to Asio4all, VL crashed.
- I started again VL and set Asio4all, no output, I see the meter bar but there is no sound.
- I tried to set Generic low latency asio driver, got the error message: the audio driver could not be opened.
- Every time I change sample rate or buffer size I loose the stack input.
Thank you for your report and I am sorry to hear that. Some time ago @fkalmus reported a similar problem with an “Audient evo 8” audio device. You can read it here. We’ve ordered such a device and finally received it. We’ll soon analyse it …
… but I do remember that @fkalmus reported in another thread that his problems with his device are gone. Can you remember what has solved your problem, @fkalmus?
Hi @Spork , hi @diegoalejo15
Fortunately I didn’t had crackles at all, but sudden freeze of VSTLive app, only with audient’s ASIO, EXCLUSIVELY when hitthing STOP (after succesful PLAYing of any song) from the beginning I purchased VSTLive (meanwhile audient’s ASIO driver was essential for multi I/O and was running okay with e.g. Cubase12).
My issue seems to more or less gone after some friday’s update.
… @diegoalejo15, you are running the latest drivers? More here
yes, I have the last Windows drivers.
Besides from the inputs issue, why can´t I set the Generic driver? and why I loose stack input connections when switching buffer size? This concerns me a lot.
Right, there appears to be some issue with that, will check and report back, thanks!
Fixed next version.
This has been reported before, but we cannot reproduce it.
Pls try again with the next pre-release version (presumably, tomorrow). If the problem persists, we are greatful for any recipe how to reproduce.
As said, fixed with the next version, thanks for reporting!
What do you mean by “Can’t see the Generic Driver”? In Devices/Audio Setup, when you click on the “Audio Driver” name, don’t you see the “Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver” in the List?
I said I can “set” Generic low latency driver.
get the error message: the audio driver could not be opened.
Today I´ve tried again with Asio4all and could set it but I hear the same pops as with Audient driver.
When I had the Focusrite interface I never heard this with Focusrite drivers nor with asio4all but in Cubase is working all fine.
Oh sorry, got it. No idea why it can’t be set.
another thing I found with my new Audient device: when I open a project the stacks inputs do not provide sound, no display meters either, I add a new stack, select the instrument input and it has sound, I save changes open the project again and none of the stack has sound, if I add another stack it works ok and so on…
I should try stick with Audient’s ASIO at least for debugging. With Evo, my global stack input is constantly working, but not using separated ones / song .
Can u try out if a global “type” stack is recalled after closing/opening?
Did you try with version 1.2.5, we did fix some things in that area.
1.2.5 fixed stack missing inputs after changing buffer size, the other issues persist.
Correct, with global part the stack still works after reopening.
But the pops are still there.
[quote=“fkalmus, post:18, topic:861036”]
- ASIO is Audients most recent one?
- sound device is connected directly (not via usb hub)?
- is any other app opened that is using or want to use the same audio driver/device? (This is a pain in the @@@ under Windows)
no, just VL
- sample rate used to jump always back to 96k with my audient. Check and set it to the one u use (44.1, 48k)
I don´t have that issue, mine is always at 48, but I tested the other sample rates and the pops continue.
- there are fx’s they require more buffer eg 256/512 while others run ok with 128 samples. Let’s remove all and insert just steinberg’s reverb or their guitar amp plugin
I have the issue with any buffer size and no inserts…
I’m sorry, I’ve no any other tips for now