Ruler track with adjustable ZERO

I often mix several songs in one project.
Example: Customer says: “at 1:31 in Song 3 the guitar slightly louder”.
Song 3 begins at 20:49, so I have to calculate 20:49 + 1:31 = ?
Repeat until customer is pleased :wink:
It´s good for the brain, but I think a ruler track with adjustable “0” would accelerate the process pretty much!

3 Likes

+1 I don’t usually mix more than one song per project, BUT… very often tracks will have a static tempo but they’ll have a odd amount of length before the track becomes “on the grid”… so often times I’ll move the track so that the first real bar will start on bar 5. And then I have the same issue. When a client tells me something is happening at “35 seconds” and another thing needs fixing at “1:52”, I have to do a lot of unnecessary math and sometimes I forget that there is a difference between what I see for time and what they see for time, which sometimes can lead to big miscommunication issues.

+!

A bit of a workaround: choose starting bar, go to Project menu, then select Set Timecode at Cursor.

• 100!

I request and wait for this function since the 20th century… :slight_smile:

And, yes I know the workaround with “Set Timecode at Cursor” - but this means multiple clicks and a popup with a stupid question for an unlogical person like me…

3 Likes

By the way, a very simple workaround is to use the range tool. Start the selection at where you would want zero to be, the range length will have the value you need.

By the way, a very simple workaround is to use the range tool. Start the selection at where you would want zero to be, the range length will have the value you need.

nice - but I seem to miss something: I can only see the range length displayed as measures and beats, but not as time. And that´s what I´m looking for!

It matches the current timeline ruler setting.

+1 for this request

Regards :sunglasses:

+1

well, switching back and forth beween time and measure display many, many times takes too much time.
Then I can as well calculate the time in my head :wink:

Showing both time and measure position when using the range tool is another great feature request!

1 Like
  1. You can add a ruler track with bars and beats right below the timeline ruler, and

2. you can set up the primary and secondary transport time displays so they can be swapped via a single keystroke.

(I’m not saying -1 to this FR btw)

Each Ruler track should be able to have its own offset. Been on my Annual Request list since they came up with separate Ruler Tracks.

Yup… :wink:

Regards :sunglasses:

+1

+1

+1

+1

Push!

Another year has gone by…

Please!

Better yet, each ruler or one ruler, should be able to have multiple start points displayed as somewhat similar to markers but internal to the ruler.

What;s treble maddening is that Wavelab has a WONDERFUL system for managing rulers. Again: so much stuff to port over without reinventing the wheel.