Show 1 chord symbol over beat one a single measure and 8 above

Hi @fosterjazz I made an example of how to recreate visually the Solos part (on page 2 of your PDF). I created a custom horizontal line with the 8 % symbol. All adjustments are mostly global, with very little overrides. I give you the Dorico file to see maybe deeper how it was made:

fake 8 bar repeats.dorico (627.9 KB)

The remaining issues are:

-the playback is of course not correct (as the 8 bar repetition are only fake, in reality there are only 2 bars)
-I was not successful to write the end barline (at the end of first staff) without cancelling the start repetition barline of the Solos section. (You could split the flow, to achieve this)
(Maybe someone has some better advices?)

But visually is mostly what you have in the original PDF. I hope I could give some help. if you have questions, please ask.

Add-on: In general if something is really difficult (or impossible) to write as desired and at the same time playback as desired, you can have one copy of the file (or flow or layout) only for the desired visual result, and another file where you write linearly all the music that you need without repeats marks, to have the desired playback.

Other (random search in the forum) related threads:

1 Like