Skinny Scrollbars Stink

They were terrible in C8, but now they’re even -worse-. The (wonderful) lower section makes it even harder to navigate. We -need- NORMAL width scrollbars… now more than ever.

(And don’t get me started on the VST Instruments Rack… no scroll bars at all!)

UPDATE: What drives me even worse than the angel-hair scroll bars is the ABSENCE of the down and up (or left and right) arrows at the boundary of each scroll bar. I use those ALL the time as a ‘page up’ or ‘page down’ functions with the mouse. But now that these are -gone-, I am -constantly- overshooting the place I want to navigate to. OUTRAGEOUS!

1 Like

I think they’re getting ready for full touch support, where you just flick through lists.

Not all of us have 20/20 vision, Cubase developers should consider this

I agree the scrollbars are too small

Yep-

I just opened C9 & can’t believe it. Horrible!
The marker scroll button on my screen isn’t even visible, totally dissapears when scrolling.
With all the points & suggestions to make them wider & easier for workflow they decided to make them thinner?
Unbelievable!

(And don’t get me started on the VST Instruments Rack… no scroll bars at all!)

I’ll be happy to get started on this one. In C8.5 the Instrument Rack had a scroll bar. Now it doesn’t because they are expecting you to use your scrollwheel. The problem with this strategy is that if you aren’t perfectly on target with your cursor, you’ll wind up accidentally adjusting the instruments Quick Controls. This is an unbelievably stupid step backwards. Besides eliminating an almost invisible scroll bar…you’d think they’d at least add a quick jump to Rack or Track instruments at the TOP of the interface. I am now thoroughly convinced their GUI guy is a sadist.

Yup

+1 to that.

Even just a little wider would be great.

Cheers

+1

Scrollbars need to be wider, such skinny bars just slow down navigating around, as you have to be so accurate what you point at

+1!

+1

+1

I get it, the designers need the screen space to show off their cool new Lower Zone, Side Zones, and whatnot. But, in doing so they make it close to impossible to navigate the cool new Zones. I say give the User the ability to adjust the bars to suit their needs. If you are a youngster and still have great eyes, that user can make them small and enjoy the added screen space. But, for us older, weak eyed types, let us have the ability to thicken the scrollbars to our needs and tastes. Just my 2cents.

+1

I’ll chime in and say the scrollbars are way too small. Mousewheel scrolling is not fine enough to help with this problem either. This is really the only problem I have with Cubase.

UPDATE: What drives me even worse than the angel-hair scroll bars is the ABSENCE of the down and up (or left and right) arrows at the boundary of each scroll bar. I use those ALL the time as a ‘page up’ or ‘page down’ functions with the mouse. But now that these are -gone-, I am -constantly- overshooting the place I want to navigate to. OUTRAGEOUS!

Indeed. I find I use scroll bars mostly in the Score Editor in the lower zone. Finding the scroll bar not easy, and once I do I move it too much. Left and right arrows would be great for that. Even a few pixels larger grab area would be helpful, for clicking or using the scroll wheel.

I agree. This part of the GUI hampers rather than helps (for me, at least), and I would be happy to sacrifice a bit of real estate for scroll bars and arrows that you can actually see and use easily and quickly.

How right you are!

+1

The absence of the left and right arrows to navigate the Arrange page is really killing me… and not softly.

+1+2+4+8+16+32+64…+∞