Steinberg Licensing on Basic FX Suite

Are there plans to migrate the Basic FX Suite thats typically part of any UR-C purchase to the new Steinberg Licensing model?

As far as I’m aware, the current license as part of the E-licenser control center is what allows the REV-X, Channel Strip, etc to be available as VST3 plugins.

I’ve seen no information on how this will be handed as more programs shift to the newer model.

7 Likes

I have the same question - this is the only thing for me that’s still on the e-licenser and I would love to be able to move away from the dongle completely.

2 Likes

I also need an answer to this. I own and use both a UR-22C and a UR-44C, and I’ve still got to use the hardware dongle for the Basic FX Suite. This is now more than just an annoyance, it’s trying my patience and is bordering on “Why am I still paying for Steinberg solutions?”

I did my part as a loyal, paying customer for many Steinberg products, and migrated to the new licensing scheme. Seems a wasted effort if I STILL need to use the old license dongle so I can use my Steinberg Hardware Interfaces.

2 Likes

Some news about this?

I would also like to know this. Without the Basic FX suite being migrated to the new licensing model, one still has to carry the dongle around and sacrifice one USB port on the laptop for it. This nullifies the main advantage of the new licensing model.

3 Likes

No response from a Steinberg representative in over 2 months is unimpressive but unsurprising…

1 Like

The same problem. I#m waiting fort a solution or answer.

1 Like

Still with no news on this…

1 Like

With the move from VST Connect to Steinberg Licensing happening today I just need to switch to the new license system the Basic FX Suite to be able to remove the dongle. I hope it happens soon!

3 Likes

Could someone from Steinberg please clarify if this is going to happen? Or maybe it’s better to stop using the rev-x.

1 Like

Yet another request for information from me. I need a proper plan for a COMPLETE move to Steinberg licensing. My USB dongle is on it’s last legs and I don’t intend to pay out for another one.

2 Likes

I’d like this too!

CT

This topic is about Basic FX Suite, Some posts were removed.

Somehow, you got misinformed. There is no need for a license to use the audio interface. The license is for the VST plugins that you install on your machine.

I would also like to know this. Without the Basic FX suite being migrated to the new licensing model, one still has to carry the dongle around and sacrifice one USB port on the laptop for it.

UR28M Basic FX Suite plugins are the only plugins in my system using dongle now.

Any news on this topic?

Not that I know of. maybe the delay has to do with this being Yamaha software. Sorry that’s not much help, i know.

Hello, has anything changed on this issue ? I specially bought recently Halion 7 to get rid of the dongle completely and here unpleasant surprise when I wanted to run REV-X Reverb…

1 Like

Unfortunately not, no response from Steinberg on this particular situation as of yet.

I also desperately need this :slight_smile:

Actually, you are misinformed, yes you can use the interface, but to access the Yamaha Basic Suite effects embedded in the interface, you need the dongle. NOT COOL