Steinberg products compatible with Windows 10

Confirmed here. Thanks for that.

Thanks for the tips. I’m still going to hang on a bit before moving to Win 10, but I’m glad Cubase is now saying it is OK to move to it. I’ll look for Win 10 Pro and the disk image creation is a very good idea.

Ed

I moved the files you mentioned into a new folder called “unused”. But when I tried to update to v8.0.3 the installation fail asking me to run Cubase8_64bit.msi. After running the msi to repair my Cubase installation I was able to update. The only variable I could detect is the missing video files in the Components folder (which the repair replaced). Seems that the update fails without the video files.

Hi updating your elicenser to the latest version will solve this problem

Could be as the workaround to simply remove the files is not an official one and missing components can interfere with an update installation.

Some users (like myself) still seem to have elicenser problems, even after re-installing the elicenser and performing maintenance from the license manager.

and

Regards,
Maarten

Great, … so the software works w/ Windows 10, but my 2 MR816s still don’t. Thanks again Steiney for your stellar customer support.

thanks - for this is long awaited news. perhaps it should be emailed to everyone as part of an announcement.

Hi everyone,

I’m in the process of buying a new laptop and was wondering if it would be a good idea settling for Windows 10 now that everything’s been sorted, or if I should rather stick with 7 or 8 if I’m still using Cubase 5 (the FULL (PRO) Cubase 5 version). I’m planning on upgrading to Cubase 8 Pro in the near future, hopefully when they price gets marked down again (like they did earlier this year).

Also, would it be best opting for PRO (FULL) Windows versions (7,8 or 10), or should I be fine using the standard ones you buy. Do you see any increases in Cubase when using fully fledged Windows versions, or do the standard ones work just as well.

Your opinions would be MUCH appreciated. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Juan

Juan Doe,

Will you need this?

• Domain Join Services
  • BitLocker Drive Encryption
  • Remote Access Services
  • Group Policy editor
  • Windows Update for Business

If not, you do not need windows 10 pro.
This options are used only into an enterprise setup.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_upgrade/whats-the-difference-between-windows-10-home-and/55338b22-d042-45cb-b9c9-a1be21b534e1?auth=1

Regards,
Lluís

Thanks for the advice Buyaicia, much appreciated! :slight_smile:

In the end I had to settle for Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, 'cause I’m getting a brand new laptop from PCAudiolabs, and even though the Cubase range of products are now finally compatible with Windows 10, I might use Pro Tools on the sideline (Cubase still being my tool of choice). Unfortunately Pro Tools hasn’t been confirmed to be FULLY compatible with Windows 10 yet (quite bleak about this; shame on AVID), and PCAudiolabs also unforuntately has licensing issues with Windows 8. So I’m STUCK! :blush: Another reason I dig Steinberg; they don’t take FOREVER when it comes to compatibility issues.

I’d just like some confirmation from you guys perhaps; does the Cubase range run fine on 10, or would you recommend waiting a while (even though it’s officially supported now)? I’m still running version 5, so I’m curious. Let me know what you guys think!

J.

I’m about to buy a new laptop, obviously this one has windows 10 on it.
Is this means I can now use my Cubae 7 on properly on this machine?

Ive upgraded my main audio PC to Windows 10 today and right after Cubase 8 to 8.5. Ive expected a lot of issues to solve but it runs very smooth and stable. Very nice!

Windows 10 seems to be the begining of the end…
(Or was that win8?)

Seriously though… This is all heading in a disgusting direction…
Open yer dang eyes people…

I hope windows 7 will be supported by steinberg as long as microsoft will support it - until 2020…
(Not hating, just somewhat aware)

Problems with the chord track windows 10 11082. no chord symbols

Interesting because I am getting MTC clock disconnects between my cascaded DM3200’s with Windows 10 in 8.5 and but don’t with Windows 7. Same PC/hardware. Dual boot on the same machine. I am up to date on all updates with Windows 10. Any ideas Steinberg?

I can duplication the crash at will 100% in Windows 10.

Sounds like some people are having issues with Windows 10 it seems. I finally got my laptop from PCAudiolabs, which shipped with Windows 7. I can obviously get the Windows 10 upgrade, but I’m a bit hesitant at the moment. Can some of you please perhaps give me your opinion on Cubase running on Win. 7 vs 10? I’m still on Cubase 5 for the time being, and was wondering if there are any users who’ve worked with this version on both Win.7 &10. Are there any significant improvements with regards to running it on Win. 10? Also, are there any ISSUES?

Lastly, I’m seriously considering upgrading to 8.5 sometime soon. How does that version run on Win. 7 & 10, respectively?

Thanks!

Juan Doe, I’m running Cubase 8.5 Pro 64 bits on windows 10 Pro 64 bits without problems. In fact, Cubase 8.5 seems to run better on windows 10 than on windows 7 (at least in my case).

Your Win 10 experience really depends on 3rd party hardware and software used…

Yes. in fact every system is unique.