Strange framework in some plugins

Nah, forget this, I thought we could literally hide the QC buttons from the window…
I mean remove those QC button

Not work here

There’s definitely an issue with some resizable plugins

1 Like

That’s how those plugins were before this update - those controls were missing, and so you couldn’t assign the QC’s, take snapshots or lock the QC focus. And since the update only those plugins demonstrate this wider frame, but DO have the controls (mini yay!).

I mean, if you rolled back to C12.0.0 and loaded up something like Super 8 they would be hidden lol :slight_smile:

if the plugin is too thin it seems like it keeps the borders

resolution 1366x768 (I think that is not a problem)

This is a bug, I’m sure. Even Steinberg Stock Plugins in my system (Windows) have this strange frame. See these posts. It was there with v12.

I just mentioned that it could be graphics hardware related… but it could be not…

Maybe @Matthias_Quellmann or @Ed_Doll could confirm that this is a known bug…
Mathias already mentioned, another bugfix release is already in the making.

Hi,

are you using HiDPI mode? Old plugins can unfortunately behave quite unreliably with this. Have you tried this trick by any chance already? https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/360017509919-Cubase-11-Using-DPI-unaware-plug-ins-on-Windows

Hi,

sorry I couldn’t go through all the messages. Do you have HiDPI enabled? Have you tried updating your plugin(s) meanwhile.

Cheers,
Armand

You’ve not seen this issue in-house then?

All of my plugs are to date (Updated) and windows too. I don’t use Hidpi

Armand, there is surely something wrong with the graphical representation of some plugins. The curiosity of this situation is that it is not all the Plugins that are affected, but a certain number of them and this applies as much to the Stock Plugins of Cubase and of third parties.

Here are two screens with the same Cubase Plugin:

Soft Clipper with QC Button off and HiDPI enabled

Screen QC off HiDPI enabled

Soft Clipper with QC Button On and HiDPI disabled

Intel(R) Core™ i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz
Windows 11 - 21H2 (Last Update)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 (Update recommended by Windows)

Hope you find a solution soon!

Thanks your time

Hi Armand, in my case HiDPI is disabled and all my plugins are up to date.

I have the same issue and tried enabling and disabling HiDPI mode multiple times back and forth. No matter if the box is ticked or not: the issue stays the same. You can tell that’s not the problem as Cubase 11 and even Cubase 12.0.0 didn’t have this issue with the same settings. It’s some kind of bug, it has nothing to do with how old the plugins are. Please do a quick fix, it’s really annoying.

(and no: I didn’t forget to restart my DAW for the changes to take effect)

1 Like

@Armand I believe this is the cause of very frequent crashes people are experiencing since the maintenance update. When I say very frequent, this is not just a bit higher than occasional crashes. Here, personally, I’m talking about more than 10% chance for Cubase to crash when inserting or opening Waves plugins ! Some people also confirmed that for Waves plugins and multiple plugin brands.
This problem is wide spread since the 0.10 update and needs serious investigation !

1 Like

This problem is known and is being investigated.

1 Like

Hi,

I am not aware of a crash related to this area in specific.

Are you using the new “send to Steinberg” feature btw? It is prompted once you’ve got a crash on your machine. Feel free to do so. This greatly helps us identify and prioritize most frequent crashes.

Could you send me all your latest crash dumps for Cubase 12 in pm?

Thanks

Armand

1 Like

BRAVO Steinberg!!

thanks for your efforts, but again, you haven’t fixed some nonsense that was fine before (V12.0.0)

Here is a VERY annoying and dissatisfied customer, because there are more and more errors, longer waits, and fewer solutions…

I will continue to think that they are a great company, I really like their product, I love Greg and all his great work…I just hope I don’t get too upset and switch DAWs.

1 Like