Cubase 12.0.10 Update: some plugin windows too wide

Heyho,

I updated to Cubase 12.0.0 lately and everything worked fine. Then I got the maintenance update today and suddenly both my “MAAT DR Meter” and my “Meterplugs Perception A/B” plugin windows are way too wide than is needed for the actual interface of the plugin. This results in grey chunks of nothingness at the left and right sides of the plugin, which is a pain in the b**t for my preconfigured monitor layout because parts of the plugin windows now block important stuff I want to see. I attached some exemplary pictures.

Greetings,
Thiemo

2 Likes

Can confirm this at least for Omnisphere. The new focus quick controls bar is now rendered which was missing in 12.0.0 but the plugin window is way to wide.

3 Likes

On Windows 10, I was able to fix it by setting the Omnisphere plugin’s Magnify option

1. back to 1x
  2. and then back to my desired value

Unfortunately, this does not seem to work on macOS. I switched through different magnify settings - the wide margin on both left and right side still remains.

This is happening on a lot of my plugins, too. I’ve found that if you hit the QC button in the top right and then turn it back off, some plugins resize back to the way it supposed to be, but as soon as you close the plugin and open it again, it won’t remember. Hope Steinberg fixes this ASAP. It’s quite annoying.

7 Likes

Got the same issue. I’ve just gone through my whole collection of plugins.
Good news that it reproduces only with a small amount of plugins.

So, it’s reproducable with:
Audified MixChecker (QC button fix works)
kHz Transient Shaper (QC button fix still leaves padding on the sides of plugin UI)
NI Replika and Replika XT (QC button fix works)
NI RC24 and RC48 (QC button fix still leaves padding on the sides of plugin UI)
NI Raum (QC button fix works)
Izotope RX7 De-Click (QC button fix still leaves padding on the sides of plugin UI)

And instruments:
NI ones that are affected: Battery 4, Massive X.
Absynth 5, FM8, Reaktor 6, Kontakt 5 and original Massive are fine though.

For those plugins, where QC button fixes the blank borders - closing and opening plugin window resets the fix.

3 Likes

I figured the QC fix too, but it doesn’t work fully on narrow GUI plugins as well. Better, but not back to framing the plugin GUI like it did previously:

Before QC toggle in 12.0.10

After QC toggle in 12.0.10

In 11.0.41

5 Likes

Have same problem here with some plugin windows. Especially with Omnisphere and Access Virus TI Control.

2 Likes

I have this too, eg with NI Raum. MacOS.

2 Likes

i have the same problem here and now some plugins just dont load and appears a window with an error 0x80070057 saying that its a graphic error !!!

I have returned to v12.0.0…
saving up for melodyne (variaudio in v12 sucks)…or thinking of switching DAWs.sorry Steinberg…

Yeah same issue here: Omnisphere, Massive, and Massive X are the ones I’ve noticed so far but there are bound to be more!

It’s a pretty annoying issue though, I’m contemplating reinstalling v12.0.0 for now unless there’s a fix on the way? Hitting the QC button a couple of times does seem to work though so it’s manageable for now.

i can confirm this issue with UAD plugin, specifically the SSL Bus Comp, the one that i noticed. sorry i forgot to take screenshot, now already back to 12.0.0

This is a bug, I’m sure. Even Steinberg Stock Plugins in my system (Windows) have this strange frame. See these posts. It was there with v12.

1 Like

How this wasn’t noticed in testing is really bizarre. I’m glad to have the controls that were missing previously, but it’s really inexcusable that something so majorly obvious is part of an update which is designed to ‘fix’ issues.

It doesn’t exactly fill you with confidence on how rigorous testing is, I must admit it. Also, not seen any kind of official response to it either, anyone else?

3 Likes

Same issue here with Native instruments effects- Raum, Replika,…
Windows 11, CB 12.0.10

1 Like

Seems like we’ll have to wait at least for 12.0.30, according to Matthias.

If you turn on quick controls and then turn them off again… the oversized bordering goes away… unfortunately, it does not persist across close/re-opening of the plug-in.

After QC toggle 12.0.20 (no change)

As Matthias said, plugs taking too much empty space should be resolved in 12.0.30.

1 Like