The New MIDI Remote is

Confirmed here too.
Here is a repro: (You need to set up a MIDI remote device with Quick Control focus first)

1. Setup an empty Instrument track
  2. Assign the first Quick Control to a Controller Change (I used CC#1-modulation)
  3. Move your MIDI remote fader/knob on your hardware device
  4. Result: Quick Control (blue line) in inspector moves, it works as expected.
    Then do the exact same procedure, except with an empty MIDI track instead.
    Result: No movement of Quick Control from moving fader/knob on the MIDI remote device, the link from hardware to QC seems broken:(
3 Likes

Has anyone set up a midi remote for Arturia Keylab mkII 61?
No luck so far and can’t afford to spend half a day trying. Thanks for any help!

I tried to do with Maschine MK3, but I couln’t to do it. If anyone gets the script, tell me please!

Had a go at mapping my Akai A49 last night. I thought it wasn’t working at first, but then I realized I had to close the mapping editor BEFORE testing any of the buttons, and make sure they’re deselected from editing.

The new midi remote is AWESOME!
Having a visual reference to the controller is genius, and it helped me get a better handle on the midi controller side of things.
I have a feeling there will be many more companies creating scripts for the MIDI Remote.
Excellent work STEINBERG. :smiley:

4 Likes

with all NI products you have to enter midi mode

I use MIDI Mode, Im looking for a script for Maschine MK3 to better performance with Cubase

Im trying to use the key commands for getting transporting functions to work.
Unfortunately it has the same racing problems as the old remote.
When change state on parameters that have multiple option it fails.
For example transport. When going from shuttle speed 1/8 to shuttle speed 1/4 the activation of shuttle speed 1/4 stops the shuttle speed 1/8, but it does not start shuttle speed 1/4. You can try to do a shuttle speed 1/8 stop shuttle speed 1/8 and then start shuttle speed 1/4. It some times work it some times not. Lot of new useless fancy gui, but still the same old crappy bugs.

you may be interested in this:

2 Likes

thanks!

Hi All,

In the video Jef is telling at the end that he will post his script on forums.
Does anyone got it anywhere?
Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hi Matthias,
I am trying to get a Midas m32 to control and be controlled by cubase 12. It all seems to work fine (faders, mute buttons, and pan controls) with 2 banks of 16 main faders, however when I setup the console to receive and transmit midi data, the faders all seem to ‘fight’ themselves, and if I (for example) try to move a fader, it forces itself back to where it was and they jitter. Any ideas on how I could make it work? Thanks.
Pauly

1 Like

Hopefully this is what you were looking for:

Yeah - this is a known issue with apparently a solution on the way. This thread has discussed this issue in some depth:

Hi @Nico5
Thanks for that - I anxiously await the fix as it will be absolutely awsome to use the desk to mix!
Having said that, it appears that the current understanding is that disabling the midi output solves the problem. It sure does (easy to test with the Midas) but of course then the console doesn’t receive the fader positions so it’s a fix that causes other problems.
Hoping I’ve misunderstood that.

Thanks
Pauly

I don’t think you’ve misunderstood.

HI again,

Hmm (If I Have not misunderstood), the current solution will be to disable output to the console entirely? So… when I open a project, and want to use the console as the controller, the console will not receive fader positions from Cubase and will therefore not be configured correctly. In that state, every time I touch a fader, the matching fader in the Cubase mixer will immediately take up the physical console’s position, and therefore destroy the mix. Also, if I (for example) manually modify fader positions in Cubase (actually, playback …ever!) , then play back the project, the physical faders will not follow what’s in Cubase.
I’m still hoping that I have misunderstood the solution!
Thanks
Pauly

You can hope (I know it springs eternal :slight_smile: ) and repeat as many times as you wish, but it’s the only thing currently doable, and it only makes sense for some workflow situations, and absolutely not for many others (like obviously yours – and also mine).

The real solution (hopefully) will be this:

1 Like

I’m not so sure. Yes that would be great as it would stop the feedback loop, and allow devices like Novation and Akai, to set response based colour feedback. But just disabling the automatic Feedback, while still allowing scripted feedback won’t move the faders.

Hopefully the intent of mOnProcessValueChange will be that of what I called mOnHostValueChange :man_shrugging:

I think you’re convoluting the easy GUI mapping mode and the JavaScript way of doing things?

I was working under the assumption, that this thread was about the former.

And so it’s arguably more comparable to working with the now legacy Generic Remote, which does not echo midi messages back to the sending remote device (while still sending midi messages from changes initiated by Cubase or other remotes).

So the approach Jochen offered for the next maintenance release seems to sound fine to me for the simple MIDI Remote mapping GUI.

1 Like