Updating to Cubase 12 – STATUS UPDATE – Monday, March 7th

Hello everyone!

I read in the forum that the C12 Grace Period doesnt have an end date, but still, I would love to know how much can the update be delayed? after C11 update I have lost access to all versions of Cubase below version 10. I dread losing access to C10 after updating to C12.

ALso is it possible to activate the C12 on another WIN PC since I cannot install the new license manager in MAC OS SIERRA as its not supported.

I bought and activated cubase 11 in DEC and I am sure it is eligible for C12 grace period update. haven’t dared to run elcc maintenance though!

Thank You!

I’ve sent you a PM. Let me know how you get on.

Hello @Vinz - welcome to the forum!

Your Cubase 11 license will be converted to a “non-upgradeable” license which means it can’t be used again to get another upgrade. This should still allow you to use earlier versions of Cubase.

Yes, you can activate Cubase 12 on up to three computers that you use.

Thanx Ben, I am trying to delay the update as much as possible so that it goes smoothly and support is available if things go south. Any idea as to how long the grace period is really going to be in effect!

You can exercise the grace period at any time of your choosing. There’s no expiry.

2 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Buying Cubase from various locations

Hi Ben ,

Maybe I did not formulate my report correctly.
What I wanted to say is that I bought Cubase 11 pro update form 10.5 pro on december last year and promotion update to Cubase 12 free (cyberweek21), but I have a problem with the following.

1. activation manager I get the message ( No lisence found ) .

2. Also, not all the steps in are achieved in elicencer control center ( FALSE STEP 5 : Recovering Licence Transaction ) and it does not take me out of the grace period so that it appears to me after the Cubase 12 update in the activation manager .

If necessary, I can also offer you the purchase invoice for the Cubase 11 pro.

Please wait for your news as I try for two days but I have not been able to do the update to Cubase 12 .

Thnak you .

Hi Ed Doll and sorry for t my delated message but it’s due to work ,

Maybe I did not formulate my report correctly.
What I wanted to say is that I bought Cubase 11 pro update form 10.5 pro on december last year and promotion update to Cubase 12 free (cyberweek21), but I have a problem with the following.

1. activation manager I get the message ( No lisence found ) .

2. Also, not all the steps in are achieved in elicencer control center ( FALSE STEP 5 : Recovering Licence Transaction ) and it does not take me out of the grace period so that it appears to me after the Cubase 12 update in the activation manager .

If necessary, I can also offer you the purchase invoice for the Cubase 11 pro.

Please wait for your news as I try for two days but I have not been able to do the update to Cubase 12 .

Thnak you .

1 Like

That solved the problem.
I’m super excited to finally get started with Cubase after years of looking on.
Thanks.

3 Likes

@Matthias_Quellmann was able to help me, thank you very much!

@Ben_at_Steinberg Thank you very much. I have successfully updated to C12. Thanks again for your help.

Hi,

I had the exact same issue. Maintenance went through all steps, but then my cubase pro 11 license never showed anything like “grace period eligible” or whatever. You will have to contact steinberg support directly to get a code. They will look at your account and see that you activated during grace and they should juts give you a code for 12, instead of going through activation manager and everything. That’s how i ended up receiving my copy.

1 Like

okay! Great news!, so I’m hopeful! Thanks for the info! The other problem I have is that I can’t get in contact with steinberg support, because they send you to a list of resellers… :frowning: I hope someone can get in contact with me!! thanks a lot!

for me I am in US, so I did email and then also chat online with YAMAHA US support. Chat then escalated my ticket to steinberg directly and thats how i got my code. I would try as many avenues of contact as you can. I’m not sure which country you are from so not sure about different way of contact.

1 Like

Awesome - glad to hear it. I’m liking this @Matthias_Quellmann chap more and more.

3 Likes

Any news Ben ? Thank you.

Thanks u!!! I will go to try your advice!!! :yellow_heart:

I’ve just send you a PM - let me know how you get on

I probable received a education license type (I see it when trying to activate) however it’s a hard process getting this information to sit with support, I first must walk throught de default steps … (which I already did 10 times)

Hi, Ben!!
I ran into issues while updating Cubase 12! I lost my 11 (Grace Period Eligible) License!!
Step 1. I recovered my elicense and it showed Grace Period Eligible
Step 2. I suddenly recalled the Cubase 11 was reactivated on another Win PC, so the Mac I’m using is currently under a illegal license
Step 3. I re-install the eLicense Control Center and get a new eLicense number
Step 4. I reactivated the Cubase 11 on my new eLicense soft-ware number
Step 5. I tried to maintence and recover the license, nothing happens, the Grace Period Eligible was gone, forever…

My soft-elicense number : 1513175280 - FF7DCCB8EB

And the Cubase 11 was bought comfortably in the Grace Time Period…

Please guide me out of this issue! HUGE THANKS TO YOU!!!

1 Like