Updating to Cubase 12 – STATUS UPDATE – Monday, March 7th

Hi @CubACE5, please create a support ticket. Unfortunately that’s something I cannot solve directly here in the forum.

Thank you for your reply. I tried creating a ticket, but the link sends me to a list of addresses to local resellers and they don’t have a clue on how to update. Since I bought Cubase online from your official site, they are not helpful at all. So can someone please help me out. I have the receipt and everything. Thanks

1 Like

Hello @CubACE5 . There are many of us here with this same exact problem and it seems like no one knows how to solve it yet. @Ben_at_Steinberg said he will try to get back to us with a solution today. At this point we are just waiting and hoping. To be honest, I wonder how many more days they need to fix this problem considering the allegedly issue was seemingly discovered by users.
I also tried getting help from the regional Steinberg affiliate support with zero efficiency. Messages are being answered after many days and the answer is “I don’t really know what to do”. I guess I am amongst the lucky ones that at least got an answer.
Please let me know if you find any solution to this issue. Seeing how this goes it wouldn’t surprise me that users find the solution first.

1 Like

Hi [AlexVasy]. Sorry to hear that you’re in the same mix-up. If I can get this to work, I will definitely post it here. If you or anyone else find the solution, please share it here.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Same problem.
I’ve tried to create a support ticket (5 days ago). No answer at the moment

Hi, thats happening to me.

(Sorry, I could find how to send you a private message)
Thanks!

Anyone still activated , but stuck on Video Player?
Some people have had vst mixer and Chord Pad.
This is due to taking out dll’s and preferences to get passed video Player
Everything has to get past the same things in Cubase 11 and it works flawlessly.
So getting stuck at video player every time is a Cubase 12 problem as 11 works fine.
I use a Mvidia 1030 Gforce Graphics card updated to the latest and everything else works fine on my I7 win 11 computer. Goes pretty fast as well.
I must admit that the support is very slow especilly if you put a ticket in.

I’ve sent you a PM - let me know how you get on.

1 Like

I’ve sent you a PM. Let me know how you get on.

1 Like

I’ve sent you a PM - let me know how you get on.

1 Like

Could you PM me your eLicenser number and I’ll ask my colleague to try and get it unstuck on the server side.

Hello everyone!

I read in the forum that the C12 Grace Period doesnt have an end date, but still, I would love to know how much can the update be delayed? after C11 update I have lost access to all versions of Cubase below version 10. I dread losing access to C10 after updating to C12.

ALso is it possible to activate the C12 on another WIN PC since I cannot install the new license manager in MAC OS SIERRA as its not supported.

I bought and activated cubase 11 in DEC and I am sure it is eligible for C12 grace period update. haven’t dared to run elcc maintenance though!

Thank You!

I’ve sent you a PM. Let me know how you get on.

Hello @Vinz - welcome to the forum!

Your Cubase 11 license will be converted to a “non-upgradeable” license which means it can’t be used again to get another upgrade. This should still allow you to use earlier versions of Cubase.

Yes, you can activate Cubase 12 on up to three computers that you use.

Thanx Ben, I am trying to delay the update as much as possible so that it goes smoothly and support is available if things go south. Any idea as to how long the grace period is really going to be in effect!

You can exercise the grace period at any time of your choosing. There’s no expiry.

2 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Buying Cubase from various locations

Hi Ben ,

Maybe I did not formulate my report correctly.
What I wanted to say is that I bought Cubase 11 pro update form 10.5 pro on december last year and promotion update to Cubase 12 free (cyberweek21), but I have a problem with the following.

1. activation manager I get the message ( No lisence found ) .

2. Also, not all the steps in are achieved in elicencer control center ( FALSE STEP 5 : Recovering Licence Transaction ) and it does not take me out of the grace period so that it appears to me after the Cubase 12 update in the activation manager .

If necessary, I can also offer you the purchase invoice for the Cubase 11 pro.

Please wait for your news as I try for two days but I have not been able to do the update to Cubase 12 .

Thnak you .

Hi Ed Doll and sorry for t my delated message but it’s due to work ,

Maybe I did not formulate my report correctly.
What I wanted to say is that I bought Cubase 11 pro update form 10.5 pro on december last year and promotion update to Cubase 12 free (cyberweek21), but I have a problem with the following.

1. activation manager I get the message ( No lisence found ) .

2. Also, not all the steps in are achieved in elicencer control center ( FALSE STEP 5 : Recovering Licence Transaction ) and it does not take me out of the grace period so that it appears to me after the Cubase 12 update in the activation manager .

If necessary, I can also offer you the purchase invoice for the Cubase 11 pro.

Please wait for your news as I try for two days but I have not been able to do the update to Cubase 12 .

Thnak you .

1 Like

That solved the problem.
I’m super excited to finally get started with Cubase after years of looking on.
Thanks.

3 Likes