Updating to Cubase 12 – STATUS UPDATE – Monday, March 7th

Hello. My USB eLicenser shows that I have "Cubase Pro 11 (Grace Period Eligible). Some questions:

1. Does Cubase 12 work with the USB eLicenser or only with the new software-based licenser? The USB eLicenser is preferred since I can then use Cubase on my desktop computer and also on my laptop when travelling.

2. Noting ongoing challenges with upgrading to version 12, can I continue using version 11 and upgrade to 12 at any stage in the future, given the “Grace Period Eligible” confirmed in my eLicenser, or is there a cut-of date for upgrading an eligible 11 license to 12?

Thanks

Only the new

No

Please have a look at the FAQ where all these questions are answered.

2 Likes

Thank you

You can do that with the new system too, but without using the dongle… so the new system is preferred. You can have Cubase 12 activated on up to 3 computers, all dongle-free.

Hello, I recently purchased Cubase Artist 12 by upgrading it from Cubase Elements 11. I enter the license in the Steinberg Download Assistant, but when I click “Update”, the eLicenser Control Center opens and I get an error message saying “No selectable upgrading license”, and asks me to put the Cubase Elements 11 license on a USB-eLicenser (dongle).

I never had a USB-eLicenser (dongle) since Cubase Elements doesn’t need it, and Cubase Artist 12 doesn’t need it either (this is the main reason of my purchase). On Steinberg Activation Manager, the license is still “Pending verification”. What should I do?

I have opened a support ticket, but reading the comments I am afraid that they will not answer me.

Regards, and thank you very much.

A post was split to a new topic: I left My USB eLecenser in Ukraine

Hi
I have waiting for the DAC email for 1 month already.
Please send me it, thanks.

1 Like

Still waiting for DAC email - nowhere to be seen, not junk, Steinberg not on any blocklist - weeks now going through the grace period check many many times, no sign of anything in my products - no response from Steinberg support in Australia after being forced to submit a ticket via them only. Can’t even change my email in My Steinberg as it wants a verification code sent to the email address that it doesn’t send anything to. No response to my previous post on the forum, what am I supposed to do?

1 Like

Did you click the Update button in that image?

Hi Steve,
Yes that takes me to the webpage you see open behind the activation manager and the elicenser control showing the confirmation image there, informing me to to check my email for the download access code, that never arrives.

1 Like

Same here. I am still waiting for the email with the download access code for over two weeks.

We’re working on this and will have a solution for you soon.

I’ve sent you a PM. Let me know how you get on.

I’ve sent you a PM - let me know how you get on.

I’ve sent you a PM - let me know how you get on.

Thank you very much for your help Ben, all went well, up and running with CB12.

1 Like

Hi!

Im still having issues with updating to Cubase 12. When I run Grace period check in Steinberg Activation Manager it still shows, “no licenses found”. I updated to cubase Pro 11 from Cubase Pro 9,5 late November 2021. I haven’t tried a lot the last week but I have been trying to run the grace period check a number of times since 12 came.
Am I missing something?

Hello all,
I am exactly in the same situation (Unable to activate the Artist12 upgrade from Element 11). And I just received an email from Steinberg to inform me that the Cubase Artist 12 license will expire in 7 days.

I understand that the situation is difficult and I have no doubt that Steinberg teams are doing their best to find solutions. But would it be possible to know what exactly will happen in 7 days? Is there an automatic grace period in place?

Also, I have sent 2 requests to the support department but no answer.

Thanks

1 Like

Same here license will expire in 5 days!!

1 Like

I have a weird one here, I’ve been dealing with it for 48 hours (on and off of course)

But, it looks like under “my products” on the steinberg site, all of my other licenses (5 of them??), especially going back to Cubase 8.5, the year I bought the full version and upgraded every upgrade that was release since then - they are no longer showing under USB-eLicenser - totally gone - except for **Cubase Pro 11 (Grace Period Eligible). I never received the DAC so I upgraded to Cubase Pro 12.

head over to eLCC:
The only license showing is Cubase Pro 11 (Grace Period Eligible). So that means the dongle is working.

Run maintenance on the eLCC, it’s only pulling in Cubase 11 and of course nothing else (because they’re gone) and for whatever reason, Cubase 12 is showing everywhere on My Products, except for the USB-eLicenser section (which I believe eLCC pulls from). I try “reactivate” and nothing happens.

So that’s issue number 1.
I head over to eLCC again, and when I enter in the activation code for 12, I get the error: “Currently, there is no license available which can be upgraded by your upgrade license, Please connect an USB-eLicenser, which holds an appropriate upgradable license, to your computer”

From what I can tell, because I only have Cubase 11 and 12 on the Steinberg site, no licenses on Steinberg anymore, eLCC can’t pull them into eLCC, it can’t authorize 11 because there is no previous version.

When I go to authorize Cubase 12, I get a Yellow Squared Exclamation mark that says “Currently, there is no license available which can be upgraded by your upgrade license. Please connect an USB-eLicenser, which holds an appropriate upgradable license, to your computer.”

Thanks in advance for the help!!