Updating to Cubase 12 – STATUS UPDATE – Monday, March 7th

I purchased Cubase 11 late November 2021 and I am having issues updating to 12.

I run a new MacBook Air M1 but I don’t believe that should be an issue anymore? I have no problems with Cubase 11 and my Dongle otherwise.

In Steinberg Activation Manager it says “”NO LICENCES FOUND”

I run the Grace period check and it still comes up with No Licenses found.

I try to follow the next step and go to Elicenser Control center but then this happens:

When I try to preform maintenance task, a window pops up with this info:

“-Recovering License Transactions

The license server was unable to handle the request.

Please try again later, or contact your software vendor’s support department in case the problem persists.

Click ‘OK’ to proceed with further maintenance tasks, or click ‘Cancel’ to stop the maintenance procedure.”

Then it says that step 5 failed:

“ Step 5: FAILED (Recovering License Transactions)”

Any tips for the next step?

still impossible to switch to cubase 12 what to do and how to do it? I am shown eligible grace period in the Elicenser but still blocked no license if I launch cubase 12
Need help !!!

Hi There,
I am getting exactly the same error the first time I run Cubase 12 (Win 11 PC).
Often I find that if I run the eLicenser (under admin privilege), then reopen Cubase 12 and it all works. It looks like it has something to do with the older licenses, but what I don’t know
ronmca

1 Like

Hi Matthias,
trying not to be too upset here, but in fact I am. I did the grace period update on March, 5th. Got my download code, installed Cubase 12, even worked for a couple of hours that day with the new version. Next day: License was gone, download code doesn´t work anymore, my cubase 11 license is being shown as “not upgradeable”. So far so good, maybe some technical glitch, nothing a bit of support wouldn´t take care of, eh?
So in good faith I opened a support ticket on March 6th, but got no response since then. Commented on my own ticket three days ago, still nothing. Not even a “we are having problems here, please be patient”. Simply nothing.
Is that really your attitude towards customer support? I do understand if you have problems on your side due to too much traffic, faulty software, whatever. But not reacting is just not cool.

thanks man …!!
I will try to (run as administrator) the elicenser to solve this problem, I will be commenting what happens with the application

It all is a mixed situation
I am sure all of this e-licencer thing and Stuck on video player is all connected.
Cubase 11 runs without any problems.
Why does 12 run with all hell breaking out.
A lot of people have made workarounds to get it to work and suceeded so they say.
There is still loads of us getting nowhere.
It is terrible that support ignores tickets and i have put one in since March 5th
Most supports come back usually within 24 hours at the minimum.
It is a wait and see situation i am afraid until this all is sorted.
I find that there is answers from steinberg employees on this site , but an impossible Tech support.
Funny that.

Adding to a closed Artical About a dongle, the guy had a valid comment showing a screen with problems which i got also when Stuck on video was not there after deleting dll and saving.
The people getting the dongle problem is all related to the stuck on video .
Nothing we can do to solve all of this until another update.

All those people that have spent time and effort to make the program work deserved to be paid in my view.
Everyone that purchased this program should have had a 100% working one from the start.
Instead, we are being treated like guinea pigs and not customers.

Okay, so seems I’m not the only one here with issues.
I’ve updated my eLicence software, run maintenance and can now see within the eLicence Cubase Pro 11 (Grace Period Eligible)
I then close it, open up activation manager, can see no licenses, I run grace period check, i get
“unknown error occured while the grace period check was performed, please try again.”

• Which i have several times, with no luck,
  • tried last week, no luck,
  • uninstalled Cubase 12, still no luck,
  • restarted, still no luck,
  • removed cache folder from App Data within the activation folder - still no luck

What I don’t understand, is if this was a new system, it would have been easier for the new product codes to have been emailed out to those eligible and would have mitigated this whole issue.

That said, I am all ears for getting Cubase 12 working now, as this is very frustrating.
Any help appreciated.

hello
The automatic update to cubase 12 through the purchase of cubase pro 11 is it an anarchy or a reality??
eligible for
grace period but
impossible to switch to cubase 12
what to do and how to do it? Is there a specific method or should we just keep fumbling to get out of this situation? it feels like Steinberg doesn’t even care and it’s not much fun anymore

Need help

1 Like

Updating to Cubase 12 – STATUS UPDATE – Monday, March 7th - #277 by igrec_audio

Maybe give them till the work week starts?

Yes , but you must admit it is all cloak and dagger
Customers need reassurance for what they have paid for ,that’s all
Has anyone yet received any help from Support tech tickets yet??

Is ok to have “verification pending” status on Steinberg Activation Manager? I bought the update from Cubase 11.

Yes.

1 Like

watch to see but I have less and less confidence

Something for you to try while waiting: remove a file called videoengine.dll from the steinberg/cubase12/components folder and see if C12 runs then.
You don’t have to delete it, just put it somewhere else.

It’s not the proper way to fix it, but it’s the only way I got C11 and C12 to run.

Done that ,been there, Groundhog Day!

Thankyou for your advice though

If it gets through the license check and gets stuck further down the line, then the license is OK.
Sorry - that’s all I’ve got.

Hi Felis
My licence is ok and activation is ,. For me the main culprit Is stuck on video player inialising and when i take that out or try anything else i do get , I have no licence, and stuck on VST mixer, stuck on Chord pad and other things ,
The more you delve , the more things go wrong.
I did get in once or twice and Sampletank worked in slow motion, took ages to load anything.
I even saved a file in Cubase 12 on that rare occasion, but when i clicked on it, cubase 11 ran it not 12.
Go back to Cubase 11 and all running like a Screaming Demon.
The next time you run Cubase 12 the problem starts all over again
So , I will just have to wait.
All the Best
John

Could you check to see if your eLicenser Control Center is set to run as Administrator, as described here: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/4561178381970?utm_source=IAP&utm_medium=steinberg-activation-manager&utm_content=Unknown%20Error%20Grace%20Period

1 Like

Hi Jochen - if you open Steinberg Activation Manager, is your Cubase 12 license visible there?

1 Like

Please take a look at this page: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/4561178381970

2 Likes