Updating to Cubase 12 – STATUS UPDATE – Monday, March 7th

I’ve sent you a PM - let me know how you get on.

Thank you very much for your help Ben, all went well, up and running with CB12.

1 Like

Hi!

Im still having issues with updating to Cubase 12. When I run Grace period check in Steinberg Activation Manager it still shows, “no licenses found”. I updated to cubase Pro 11 from Cubase Pro 9,5 late November 2021. I haven’t tried a lot the last week but I have been trying to run the grace period check a number of times since 12 came.
Am I missing something?

Hello all,
I am exactly in the same situation (Unable to activate the Artist12 upgrade from Element 11). And I just received an email from Steinberg to inform me that the Cubase Artist 12 license will expire in 7 days.

I understand that the situation is difficult and I have no doubt that Steinberg teams are doing their best to find solutions. But would it be possible to know what exactly will happen in 7 days? Is there an automatic grace period in place?

Also, I have sent 2 requests to the support department but no answer.

Thanks

1 Like

Same here license will expire in 5 days!!

1 Like

I have a weird one here, I’ve been dealing with it for 48 hours (on and off of course)

But, it looks like under “my products” on the steinberg site, all of my other licenses (5 of them??), especially going back to Cubase 8.5, the year I bought the full version and upgraded every upgrade that was release since then - they are no longer showing under USB-eLicenser - totally gone - except for **Cubase Pro 11 (Grace Period Eligible). I never received the DAC so I upgraded to Cubase Pro 12.

head over to eLCC:
The only license showing is Cubase Pro 11 (Grace Period Eligible). So that means the dongle is working.

Run maintenance on the eLCC, it’s only pulling in Cubase 11 and of course nothing else (because they’re gone) and for whatever reason, Cubase 12 is showing everywhere on My Products, except for the USB-eLicenser section (which I believe eLCC pulls from). I try “reactivate” and nothing happens.

So that’s issue number 1.
I head over to eLCC again, and when I enter in the activation code for 12, I get the error: “Currently, there is no license available which can be upgraded by your upgrade license, Please connect an USB-eLicenser, which holds an appropriate upgradable license, to your computer”

From what I can tell, because I only have Cubase 11 and 12 on the Steinberg site, no licenses on Steinberg anymore, eLCC can’t pull them into eLCC, it can’t authorize 11 because there is no previous version.

When I go to authorize Cubase 12, I get a Yellow Squared Exclamation mark that says “Currently, there is no license available which can be upgraded by your upgrade license. Please connect an USB-eLicenser, which holds an appropriate upgradable license, to your computer.”

Thanks in advance for the help!!

Hello!

In eLCC I get a fail on recovery and my cubase 11 pro doesn’t even say “grace period eligible”. I’ve tried running as administer. What should I do? I am supposed to be eligible for 12 pro.

@Petemichael I have sent you a PM.

Hi @At_The_Helm,

The DAC you have received for Cubase 12 needs to be entered in the Steinberg Download Assistant, not in the eLCC. Cubase 12 will then show up in the new Steinberg Activation Manager and not in the eLCC.

But as far as I can see, you are eligible for the free Grace Period update to Cubase 12. Please contact Asknet and return your bought update. I will sent you a Grace Period DAC that will get you on Cubase 12.

Hi there! In my case the eLC shows Cubase Pro 11 (Grace Period Eligible) but the Steinberg Activation Manager shows no licences found and when I run the check it shows “Error During Grace Period Check”. Any help please?

Thank you very much Matthias for the help.

The key you gave me, worked! Thank you very much for the assistance. You have been very helpful.

1 Like

Hi @projectwoofer,

I’ll sent you a grace period DACs in a message.

I need help with trying to update to Cubase 12. It says that it is non-upgradeable.

And the license will expire on Monday 4th April 2022.

@Cyrus_Shameli, I’ll sent you a message with a new DAC.

What do you mean by a DAC

oh i know now

Download Access Code. That is the code you need to enter in the Steinberg Download Assistant.

ugh what now

i dont know what this is about

this is what i got when i entered the code

There’s two of them showing, one which says that it is needing to be activated and the other is