Updating to Cubase 12 – STATUS UPDATE – Monday, March 7th

@Ben_at_Steinberg Hello Ben! I was having a problem upgrading to 12 with grace period. I did every step correctly and in one try. USB and account synced immediately to “11 PRO grace period eligible”. Then every time I followed the last step on activation manager grace period check I got no licenses found for days. The instructions said in bolded font: “Important: Make sure that the eLicenser Control Center and applications using it are not running!”. So I never left the usb licenser in the usb port, thinking the grace period check will search the license in the database since we are logged in. A few moments ago, I read the instructions again, and tried with the USB licenser inserted, but without any elicenser software running. And it worked at first try! Many people are confused and don’t go to the last step, but the last step iteself is misleading because of the quoted sentence. I am kindly asking for you to close my email ticket request and the other one you sent to your colleague. And please be so kind to correct the sentence in the instructions to something like that:
“Important: The USB licenser needs to be connected to the PC, but make sure that the eLicenser Control Center and applications using it are not running!”.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

I went through all of the steps using the grace period upgrade to Artist 12. Seemed to work fine but Steinberg Activation Manager does not have the new Artist 12 license. I have the numbers provided by the download manager for the license as below. The eLicenser now says Not Upgradeable, but it seems like Activation Manager doesn’t have the license for 12. Help please!

Please see above in this topic, and also this: If your Cubase 11 license shows "not upgradeable" it means your update has completed OK

Hi,
It always fails me in step 5, why does it happen?

I went through all the help pages and tried all the links I got from here, nothing works…

1 Like

Folks, if you are getting an “unknown error” when doing the grace period check in the Steinberg Activation Manager, you need to disable admin rights in the elicenser.exe and run the grace period check again. Scroll up, I posted directions on how to do this (ctrl-f, search for littlewierdo, I have only posted a couple times in this thread, should be easy to find the directions).

I think many of you can solve this by disabling admin rights in eLLC.exe

Yes this is the trend today as nobody wants to work and spend most of their days on a mobile phone.
Personal service is a thing of the past as money today is god.
We are being treated like beta testers and there is no real urgency here from Steinberg , but they easily take your money.
The Germans used to be top of the quality game .

All the best
John

1 Like

I have this exact same problem. eLicenser will never work on step 5. Still shows Cubase Pro 11 but nothing about “upgradable” or “grace period”.

@steve @Ben_at_Steinberg what is going on here? With the frequency I check it can’t possibly be that the “servers are busy”. How can we get this issue resolved?

1 Like

Yes , i also have licence problems even though i am activated
Had to get rid of the video dll, had to get rid of preferences, then freezes on startup .
also telling me that it cannot load my software , i have no licence .
The list goes on BUT cubase 11 still works a treat but £86 down at the moment
It is a right wigglewaggleburger!!! :cold_face:
All the Best
John

1 Like

That didn’t change anything either.

@Tom_Kaduk Since I’m not in front of your machine, that’s about all I can propose.

Hi Alex - did you go through a reactivation process? I think this might be why your license isn’t automatically becoming eligible.

Could you confirm?

Does the maintenance process complete successfully? or does that return an error too?

Sorry to hear that Greg - what does eLicenser Control Center show for your Cubase 11 license?

Hi @DavesGuitar - have you reactivated your Cubase Elements 11 license? If so, this might be why the grace period process isn’t working automatically for you. Could you confirm?

Could you check the username you are logged into SDA matches the one in Steinberg Activation Manager?

Ok. So. Somehow my Cubase 11 install got broken. I renamed the directory, adding “HIDDEN” in the name. Now it’s like my Cubase installation directory just went and vanished. Even after restoring the directory you asked me to hide.

Yes. Absolutely. Maintenance task ok (with Element 11 bought last month). But no license in the Steinberg Activation Manager

I have a feeling that you might also be affected by the fact that the automatic grace period system doesn’t work immediately if you’ve reactivated your license. Can you confirm whether your license was reactivated?

Can’t even re-install Cubase 11 via the Download Assistant, now this happens. Great, just fantastic.

1 Like