Updating to Cubase 12 – STATUS UPDATE – Monday, March 7th

Hi
I still have issues.
What do I do after the maintenance tasks. This has actually worked almost from the beginning but I get Grace Period eligible and what do I need to do next then?. I have not received a mail with neither a download code or a license.
I have for my cubase 11.
I have downloaded and installed Cubase 12. What do I do next?
Thanks
Thor

Is there any update on persons who purchased Cubase 11 pro during the grace period, and want to activate Cubase 12 pro without access to a USB dongle?

Just enter the DAC into the Steinberg Download Assistant and you will get a Cubase 12 license.

I had previously used the DAC when the license was purchased (didn’t know I was supposed to wait) and I have a Cubase 11 activation key.
I don’t have a dongle, how do I get to Cubase 12?
Thanks.

Ok. That makes it complicated. I’ll forward your case to the support team and see what we can do.

1 Like

There’s any news on reactivated license? Thank you

Hello ,

I bought and installed the cubase 11 to 12 update but I can not upgrade to 12. I have followed some steps (as I downloaded Cubase 12 and the activation manager ) but in activation manager I get the message ( No lisence found ) .

Also, not all the steps in are achieved in elicencer control center ( STEP 5 : Recovering Licence Transaction ) and it does not take me out of the grace period so that it appears to me after the Cubase 12 update in the activation manager ( if I have understood correctly).

Please could you help me about it as I have been trying but I have not achieved anything.

Thanks ,

Thanks. The Cubase 11 key hasn’t yet been activated. In case I can return it for a 12 key.

I launch cube element 12 through the manager, I don’t need eLicenser to delete it, or will you solve the update problem on eLicenser? Also in the main cabinet is still version 11 and not 12?

Hi @kostas8 - welcome to the forums! If you bought the update from Cubase 11 to Cubase 12 you should have received a DAC via email. You can enter this into the Steinberg Download Assistant to start the update process.

what is “uncheck”

eLCC is usually installed here: C:\Program Files (x86)\eLicenser\eLCC\eLCC.exe.

You can right click on it and choose “Properties”:

Then check to make sure this isn’t ticked:

Hi Matthias!! I have a question. I need to buy a hardware USB - elicenser to get my upgrade? I have my license on my Harddrive, because I buy my Elements 11 on Steinberg Shop… if I dont have USB-licenser (hardware flashdrive) maybe this is giving me troubbles for my upgrade? I m tryng everything… But will be unfair if I need buy a new USB Licenser to transfer from harddrive to flasdrive… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

thank you cubase 12 activeted !!

1 Like

I think the reason the grace period update isn’t working for you is that your license for Cubase Elements 11 has been reactivated. I’ll follow up with you tomorrow (Wednesday) with how we resolve this.

I’ll get in touch with you too tomorrow with how to resolve the reactivation issue.

1 Like

Thank you Ben!! But, I think I never reactivated it, I was about to ask if I should reactivate it, but it scared me, because I could lost the grace period activating after cubase12 release…
and if I reactivated again I was within the grace period… Maybe I need to buy a USB -elicenser (hardware flashdrive) for so that it recognizes my cubase element 11??? I dont know… :neutral_face: I’m attaching a screenshot so you can see my status … Thanks for the help!!

@Matthias_Quellmann @Ben_at_Steinberg or anyone from Steinberg. I have not received any response to my issue for several days now. Is there another support channel I should pursue? Right now Steinberg has left me without recourse or response.

I have followed all threads and performed all requested actions based the issues experienced from other posters. Currently I am stuck in that eLicenser is not updating my Cubase 11 Pro license to “grace period upgradable” and eLicenser fails on step 5 every time.

same here… except than my elicenser reach good all steps… but not get me nothing… :frowning:

Hi. I didn’t see an answer here that worked.
I’m trying to upgrade from Cubase 11 pro to Cubase 12 pro.

• I bought and downloaded the CB12 upgrade
  • entered the activation code
  • upgraded the license
  • Latest eLCC maintenance done, soft and USB licensers registered, and it shows my v11 as “Not upgradeable”

But Cubase 12 shows “No valid license found, the program will quit now” when started.

Any ideas? Thanks! -Mike.