Upgraded to 11.0.10. Can't change metering colors anymore... :(

Ah, ok. Mistook the fader scale for meter scale. Because I can’t get the scale on channel meter to change at all, no matter what preference I change.

The scale on the channel meter always shows 0 dBFS max. I think the meter is always showing pure digital scale, no matter what preference I choose. Color changes only work, if I choose +3 dB digital scale. Still, the actual scale on mix console stays pure digital (0 dBFS max). So I can’t get any other scale on channel meters working, and color changes work only with +3dB setting (still shows as pure digital scale).

Changing the fader max level from project settings works as expected. Also, master meter settings work as they should. But changing the console meter scale doesn’t work at all. And color changes are only possible when selecting +3dB setting for channel meters.

I’ve started with the problem on the 11.0.20 update. Can’t change the scale at all, but I can change the colors in the default +3. Win 10 20H2, Dell XPS 9700.

I thought this was all fixed according to the release notes… 11.0.20
Haven’t been near a computer to install latest update.

This is incredible how they cannot get this fixed. 11.0.20 has not fixed the meter problem.
They still will not apply any changes to the meters.

For the channel meters still the only option that works is the +3 digital scale. I can colour these how I want as well.
No other Channel meter will activate when apply is pressed.
The main meter can be changed to all types.

This is so infuriating that we have waited what 6 months for this to still not be rectified that was only created in an .10 update.
Absolutely ridiculous for what is meant to be a professional product.

Mac mojave

1 Like

Yup, confirmed. Can’t change here either.

I could change them on Nuendo 10.3 and 11.0

The channel meters got messed up on 11.0.10 and are meant to be fixed in 11.0.20 but are not fixed.

The meter is the control room can be changed to all the different options however the stereo output on the mixing page will always show the same meters as all the other channels.
That is this digital +3 option. I can change the colours and the points on these but that is all.

So as far as I can see there has been no change from 11.0.10 to 11.0.20.
Channel meters and stereo output on mixer page are stuck on Digital+3 option only.

1 Like

I’m having the issue on 3 different Macs. One 2019 MacBook Pro running macOS 10.15.7 (latest security update), one 2013 Mac Pro on macOS 11.2.1-2-3 (as far as I can remember) then 11.3 and currently 11.3.1, and one M1 Mac mini running macOS 11.3.1. It was happening previously in Cubase Pro 11.0.10 and now in 11.0.20.

One of the best things about Cubase’s GUI was the beautiful turquoise/aqua blue meters. They were calming and easy on the eyes.

Still not fixed on 11.0.30…

I’ve just watched a Youtube track on setting the meter colours so that i can easily see -18.
I can’t do this on Cubase 11.0.30.
has there been a solution yet ?

Same thing here.My first Cubase 11 installation was already 11.0.20 and can’t change metering. Same problem with recently update to 11.0.30. If you check the screenshot the big master meter shows the changes but not the standard metering. It is a really annoying thing.

Screenshot

I am having the same issue (Win 10 - Cubase Pro 11.0.30). I can’t change the metering colors.

Maybe I am getting it wrong but in your screenshot you have Digital Scale in the master meter and the mix console uses +3db meters. So if you want to see the same color scheme in the master meter, select +3db from the drop down menu for the scale from the top menu (where it is set to Digital Scale in your screenshot). You can color each scale to your preferences, and when I checked it with 11.0.30 it works ok.

It appears the same way in 11.0.40.

Yes, I have the same problem on windows 10 with Nuendo 11.0.41.

Works fine here on macOS Monterey 12.1. Just set the meter to K-14 and changed the colors to the same blue/green/orange as the default +3db setting just fine.

Nice to see those options in there coming from Logic. I had to use a third party meter plugin to use the K scales.

1 Like

Still not working for me in Cubase 12 - even in Safe Start mode!!!
What is the solution to this - or hasn’t there been one yet?

Same here. Cubase 12 has still same bug. Tested on Win 10 , Win 11 and MacOS Monterey.

Doesn’t work for me either. Win10, Cubase 12.

The same issue here Nuendo 12 :(((