Windows 10 announced!

Did waves plugins ever run well? Last time I tried them their software was pretty archaic and authorization would frequently cause issues. :blush:

Waves local authorization uses the network adapter of your computer! How ridiculous is that? Maybe thats why there are issuesā€¦? Idkā€¦

Waves use the MAC address ok, better than some use that use the HD serial number. Iā€™m more likely to change or shuffle my HDā€™s than my network adapter. Anyhow I believe most problems with Waves plugins are due to the way their GUI are drawn, using OpenGL if Iā€™m not mistaken.

Yes, it probably is graphics related. Problems occur when plugin interface is opened. When itā€™s closed and just running in the background itā€™s kind of ok.

I wonder if Steinberg have any HoloLens plans? Holographic contol surface?

I prefer to turn off my LAN/wireless. - thing is, when i deactivate my lan, waves stops workingā€¦ Anywayā€¦
I dont careā€¦

Pluggin-Alliance does that but with the complete hardware, and even worse, they just allow 7 deactivations, meaning if you change parts of your machine it will need ā€œa new deactivationā€ and a ā€œnew activationā€. :confused:

They should all move to elicenser:p

+1 ! :laughing:

I kind of like the new waves check licence mode. with an usb drive and movable to the cloud anytime you want. (although I find Waves to overrated)

I donā€™t know if youā€™re guitarist or not, but, Waves Z-Noise is unbelievable for cleaning up guitar sounds!

And as for the dongle, yep, Iā€™d be happy to have all my software on one of thoseā€¦

Back OT, I wonā€™t be in a hurry to move onto W10 anytime soon, 'just finished building a new machine and donā€™t want to do another re-install.

Mauri.

I donā€™t know if youā€™re guitarist or not, but, Waves Z-Noise is unbelievable for cleaning up guitar sounds!

And as for the dongle, yep, Iā€™d be happy to have all my software on one of thoseā€¦

Back OT, I wonā€™t be in a hurry to move onto W10 anytime soon, 'just finished building a new machine and donā€™t want to do another re-install.

Mauri.

LoLā€¦ Putting words in my mouth?:stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

Ok, try againā€¦ :wink: ,

Mauri.

:sunglasses:

Yeap I am, also I have produced several rock records, never used Waves Z-Noise (mainly because is $500 plugin!), I try to get a clean guitar recording (clean in as without o the less hum and static noise as possible). A couple of times I got the signal form the PDI 09 instead of a cheap noisy amp cabinet. :wink:

+1000

The answer to my original questionā€¦

http://www.steinberg.net/en/newsandevents/news/newsdetail/article/windows-10-compatibility-3256.html?etcc_cmp=InApp&etcc_med=IAP&etcc_key=SHA&pad=None&pus=Cubasepro%208&etcc_ctv=Windows%2010%20compatibility&etcc_plc=SHA&lan=EN

Regards :sunglasses:

If I upgrade to Windows 10, will Cubase Pro 8 still work?

It would be luck of the draw. Did you see the link I posted in the post before yours?

Just so you knowā€¦ donā€™t do it yet. :wink:

Check out this little gemā€¦

It seems Microsoft has added ā€œWiFi-Senseā€ to Windows 10, which shares your Wifi passwords with your contacts. Hard to believe, but I recommend reading the following article so it wonā€™t affect you.

Hereā€™s a summary of the precautions.

1. Prior to upgrade to Windows 10, change your Wi-Fi network name/SSID to something that includes the terms ā€œ_nomap_optoutā€.
  2. After the upgrade is complete, change the privacy settings in Windows to disable Wi-Fi Sense sharing.
  3. If you havenā€™t already done so, consider additional steps to harden the security of your Wi-Fi network.