Windows 10 announced!

Did waves plugins ever run well? Last time I tried them their software was pretty archaic and authorization would frequently cause issues. :blush:

Waves local authorization uses the network adapter of your computer! How ridiculous is that? Maybe thats why there are issues…? Idk…

Waves use the MAC address ok, better than some use that use the HD serial number. I’m more likely to change or shuffle my HD’s than my network adapter. Anyhow I believe most problems with Waves plugins are due to the way their GUI are drawn, using OpenGL if I’m not mistaken.

Yes, it probably is graphics related. Problems occur when plugin interface is opened. When it’s closed and just running in the background it’s kind of ok.

I wonder if Steinberg have any HoloLens plans? Holographic contol surface?

https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-hololens/en-us

I prefer to turn off my LAN/wireless. - thing is, when i deactivate my lan, waves stops working… Anyway…
I dont care…

Pluggin-Alliance does that but with the complete hardware, and even worse, they just allow 7 deactivations, meaning if you change parts of your machine it will need “a new deactivation” and a “new activation”. :confused:

They should all move to elicenser:p

+1 ! :laughing:

I kind of like the new waves check licence mode. with an usb drive and movable to the cloud anytime you want. (although I find Waves to overrated)

I don’t know if you’re guitarist or not, but, Waves Z-Noise is unbelievable for cleaning up guitar sounds!

And as for the dongle, yep, I’d be happy to have all my software on one of those…

Back OT, I won’t be in a hurry to move onto W10 anytime soon, 'just finished building a new machine and don’t want to do another re-install.

Mauri.

I don’t know if you’re guitarist or not, but, Waves Z-Noise is unbelievable for cleaning up guitar sounds!

And as for the dongle, yep, I’d be happy to have all my software on one of those…

Back OT, I won’t be in a hurry to move onto W10 anytime soon, 'just finished building a new machine and don’t want to do another re-install.

Mauri.

LoL… Putting words in my mouth?:stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

Ok, try again… :wink: ,

Mauri.

:sunglasses:

Yeap I am, also I have produced several rock records, never used Waves Z-Noise (mainly because is $500 plugin!), I try to get a clean guitar recording (clean in as without o the less hum and static noise as possible). A couple of times I got the signal form the PDI 09 instead of a cheap noisy amp cabinet. :wink:

+1000

The answer to my original question…

http://www.steinberg.net/en/newsandevents/news/newsdetail/article/windows-10-compatibility-3256.html?etcc_cmp=InApp&etcc_med=IAP&etcc_key=SHA&pad=None&pus=Cubasepro%208&etcc_ctv=Windows%2010%20compatibility&etcc_plc=SHA&lan=EN

Regards :sunglasses:

If I upgrade to Windows 10, will Cubase Pro 8 still work?

It would be luck of the draw. Did you see the link I posted in the post before yours?

Just so you know… don’t do it yet. :wink:

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=83294

Check out this little gem…

It seems Microsoft has added “WiFi-Sense” to Windows 10, which shares your Wifi passwords with your contacts. Hard to believe, but I recommend reading the following article so it won’t affect you.
http://krebsonsecurity.com/2015/07/windows-10-shares-your-wi-fi-with-contacts/
Here’s a summary of the precautions.

1. Prior to upgrade to Windows 10, change your Wi-Fi network name/SSID to something that includes the terms “_nomap_optout”.
  2. After the upgrade is complete, change the privacy settings in Windows to disable Wi-Fi Sense sharing.
  3. If you haven’t already done so, consider additional steps to harden the security of your Wi-Fi network.