Audio output: system default?

One issue I’ve had with all three notation apps as a roving composer (i.e., one who goes back and forth from work to home to elsewhere with a laptop) is the irritating step of having to select the right audio output for my location. I have USB monitors in my home studio, a sound bar at work, and headphones on the road. My Mac is great at just finding and switching to the output I have connected at the time, but Dorico needs to be told what to do. While I see the benefit of this in some situations, I wish Dorico had the option to use the “system audio setting” automatically. I don’t know how this would work on the Windows side, but Core Audio should be able to tell Dorico the game plan.

1 Like

@tonywardarts a bit surprised that I can’t find other threads or replies related to this in over 6 years.

I was just going to post the same (searched first)… along with comparison to my other frequently used tool which provides this mechanism… thus, doesn’t surprise me that just two of us asking for us leaves it on the back burner.

I have replied to 3 threads related to this (saying the same thing each time): 2021, January 2022 and April 2022. I have not yet seen anyone else describe the same experience as mine.