Crashing when loading 9.5 sessions

While it’s loading the Mixconsole of 9.5 sessions, Cubase 10 just goes away. No warnings and no trace, as if it had been quit. But it is leaving a dmp file. This is happening with all of my 9.5 sessions. This happened even if I remove all plugins from the plugins folders.

I’m on Windows 10 Pro and using Cubase 10.0.5 with an RME Madiface USB card.

Please see dmp file here:

I have the exact same problem. Lots of projects of mine aren’t loading correctly, they just make C10 shut down immediately in the middle of the loading. They all worked before however. Using all 64bit plugins, latest version of windows 64 bit, elicenser, etc

Hello guys,
Probably the answer of this bug is here: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/360001649760-Cubase-10-Possible-crash-after-creating-tracks-loading-projects-and-other-actions
If you have any customized color scheme saved within the sessions it can lead Cubase 10 to crash.

Well, I was thinking of upgrading from 9.5 to 10, but I’ll wait …

Greetings :slight_smile:

Have already tried that, it did not solve the issue :frowning:

Thanks though Thurisaz :slight_smile:

For what it’s worth, I couldn’t open any of my 9.5 projects as i had F202 Mcdsp filter plug in on a few tracks, i uninstalled all the MDSP plugins and now they all open no problem.

Worked for me

TLP

I am having the exact same problem. Please let us know if anyone found any solution.

About 99% of all 9.5 projects crash here as well. Welcome to the beta testing of Cubase 10. I hope they fix it quickly.

Crashing here as well…

Thank you for the suggestion - I tried doing the color tweak , but still crashing. One of my 9.5 sessions does fine in Cubase 10, but the rest all crash suddenly when mix console is loading.

Anyone found a workaround or solution yet? I tried switching on and off on some plugins, no luck so far :frowning: Many of my projects keep crashing forthwith.

Run cubase in Windows 8 compatibility mode, some older plugins like auto tune 8 or softube make the project crash in normal mode.

Same here… random crashes.
Some 9.5 projects crash instantly others open and after a while, they crash. Can’t reproduce the crash… seems to be random.

Cubase 9.5 still works perfect and no projects are crashing at all.

Hope there is an update soon - in the current state, it’s impossible to work with C10.

Thank you for the suggestion @ ferarizand74. If I run Cubase 10 in Windows 8 Compatibility mode, I’m able to open the sessions that weren’t opening before (though it seems to open them incredibly slowly). I sent my .dmp file to Steinberg and we’ll see what they come up with.

Thank you for the suggestion @ ferarizand74. If I run Cubase 10 in Windows 8 Compatibility mode, I’m able to open the sessions that weren’t opening before (though it seems to open them incredibly slowly). I sent my .dmp file to Steinberg and we’ll see what they come up with.

Same also here.
Crashing when opening vers. 9.5 project.
Dump file attached.
Cubase 10.0.5.72 64bit 2018.11.16 10.00.dmp (708 KB)

Happening to me too. All 9.5 projects crash C10 without a warning

It crashing because you used pirated plugins. Deinstall all AudioUtopia cracked plugins and C10 will work and open all projects just fine

My friend has the same issue and he make tests and find that this cracked plugins are the problem.

Crashing here as well using licenced plugins. Very sad release.

It seems to crash if I use Softube plug-ins.
Setting it in Windows 8 Compatibility mode seems to help, but should work of course…

@studioton:
Rubbish! No pirated plugins here. Most of all, when I add plugins from within Cubase 10 I do not experience any problems. But when loading a 9.5 project it just crashes without warning.

@bt-studio:
Compatibility Mode doesn’t work for me. Loading old projects still end up with a crash. Instead, I am getting an error message from e-Licenser having not enough permissions to run. As soon as I turn Compatibility Mode off no more error message occurs.