Cubasis 3.3.4 Android. UR22C Interface - No sound

Hi there,

I cannot get sound to work with this interface. Using a Google Pixel 4 phone with Android 12.

The UR22C gets power from external USB charger and stops blinking when I connect it to the phone. The UR22C is working internally so I can play my guitar and listen to it on the headphones connected to the UR22C. But no sounds come from Cubase. Even the metronome doesn’t work. I have selected UR22C in Cubasis as input and output.

If I disconnect the UR22C the metronome starts playing over the phone speakers.

Anything I can try?

Hi @Musicmad,

Please check if the following tipps are helpful to resolve the problem:

• Try a different USB cable
  • Use a very good USB-B to USB-C cable instead of the OTG adapter
  • Quit all apps
  • Restart the device
  • Try both sequences: First start Cubasis, then plug in the UR22C, or vice versa.
  • Update Android
  • Deactivate Setup / Audio / Studio Quality
  • Can the UR22C be selected in Setup / Audio under Output Device and Input Device?

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,
Lars

Thanks Lars. I’ve tried that but it still doesn’t work. I can select UR22c fine in Cubasis which makes me think cables etc. are fine. Also the USB led stops blinking indicating a good connection. Yet no sound at all.

Nikolaj

I have the same problem on Android 13 (latest update). The recommended actions do not help. I can select it, but no input/output works. Does cubasis support UR22C on Android 13 on a Pixel phone?

Is there anything new here?

Hi @vicinity, Hi all,

Please read here:

Best,
Lars

I have cubasis 3 set up on my Samsung Galaxy tab S4, a Cubilux 3.5mm usb-c interface adapter to connect my guitar and boss pocket gt to the tablet, and a pair of studio headphones.
I haven’t used this set up in several months but it did work just fine. I just set it up to record a solo for a project and it worked at 1st although there were strange audio sound issues. About a 1/2 an hour later trying to fix these audio sound issues the sound stops altogether. So now cubasis is not recording any input at all yet is still reading the audio interface plugged into the tablet, and there is still sound coming through the headphones when I push play. The program is not recording any audio. This is absolutely incredibly frustrating.

Hi @deamonslayers,

Did you update the Android device to Android 13?

Google introduced the issue with their newly added MIDI 2.0 support in Android 13, and are working on a solution. In parallel, we aim to provide a workaround solution in the upcoming Cubasis 3.5.1 update, via disabling the MIDI I/O function.

If you are not running Android 13, please give it a try to shut down Cubasis and the Android device.

Does this help to resolve your issue?

Thanks
Lars

Both my tablet and my phone are running android 9.
Again the main issue is that when I use a pocket pod there is no audio to hear until you have recorded something but it does record and it records correctly with quality sound. But when I use a pocket GT from boss you hear sound as not record any information… So the problem is completely opposite using 2 different devices even though the plug in to those devices are exactly the same, it’s just an audio cable .

Hi @vicinity, Hi @ChristianS1,

In case you did not check our recent postings:

Several users reported a problem when using external audio devices with Cubasis 3 on Android 13 devices.

Google introduced the issue with their newly added MIDI 2.0 support in Android 13, and are working on a solution. In parallel, we aim to provide a workaround solution in the upcoming Cubasis 3.5.1 update, via disabling the MIDI I/O function.

Nevertheless it is up to Google to resolve the main issue.

In the meantime, if you’re still on Android 12 and use Cubasis with an audio interface, we recommend holding off on the Android 13 update for now.

Best,
Lars

Hi all,

Please note that Cubasis 3.5.1 has been released today.

For the complete list of new features, improvements, issues and solutions in Cubasis 3.5.1, please read here.

Best,
Lars

Hi Steinberg Team,

even with Cubase 3.5.2 USB-Audio is still not working. I am using BOSS Pocket GT.

Configurations:

• Samsung Table Android 12
  • Google Pixel Phone 6a Android 13
  • Lenovo Chromebook Chrome OS version 109.0.5414.125

I switched off MIDI I/O but still no success.

Do you have any hints on what I can try next. My Preferred Solution would be the Chromebook connection, Second is Tablet.

BTW: The combination of Pocket GT and Phone/Table works fine using Audio Evolution and their specific USB driver. But pls: I want to use Cubasis.

Hi @Michael_Timpe,

Thanks for your message and a warm welcome to the Cubasis forum!
Below please find a few things to check:

• Try another USB cable
  • Use a very good USB-B to USB-C cable instead of the OTG adapter
  • Quit all apps
  • Restart device
  • Try both sequences: First start Cubasis, then plug in the audio device, or vice versa
  • Update Android
  • Disable Setup / Audio / Studio Quality
  • Is the audio device selectable in Setup / Audio under Output Device and Input Device?

Hope that helps!

Stay safe
Lars

Lars could you perhaps list which interfaces and phones you test with? Knowing what is confirmed to work would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

Hi Lars,

thanks. It is working. When using a guitar in Input#2 (in order to use Hi-Z) it is not recording (no difference if Hi-Z is active or not).

Do you know what to do in this case.

Michael

Hi @Michael_Timpe,

Thanks for your message.

Do you change the input channel in the routing tab, as shown in the following chapter of our “Getting started” tutorial:

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,

Did you see my question perhaps?

All the best,

Nikolaj

Hi,

is working. Thanks a lot for the hint. Have expected this in the global settings.

Michael

1 Like

Hi @Musicmad,

Lars could you perhaps list which interfaces and phones you test with? Knowing what is confirmed to work would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately we are unable to provide such a list. Cubasis LE Trial can be freely downloaded to test a smaller feature set of Cubasis with the given Android devices and other hardware in a 30 minute demo mode (which can be restarted as often as you like), to make sure everything works as expected before purchasing the full app version.

Best,
Lars

Thanks Lars. I already bought it. Now I’m prepared to buy a device combination that works. Could you please just state one combination that you test on and I’ll buy that combination?