Does Cubase 10.5 work with any version of MacOS 12 (Monterey)?

MacOS 12.5 (Monterey) is not working with Cubase 10.5. But earlier this year, I thought I was successfully working with an earlier version of OS 12. I want to downgrade my Mac OS to the most recent compatible version for Cubase 10.5. Does anyone know what version that is? Or do I have to revert to OS 11 Big Sur? Thanks!

Hi,

Why it doesn’t crash?

As far as I remember, the VST Connect component is crashing. Removing the component solves the issue (if this is the issue).

1 Like

I read this topic and accessed the mentioned paths (to remove VST Connect), but couldn’t find any VST Connect folder or file. The mentioned paths are:

• /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/Steinberg/VST Connect PRO
  • /Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Components/vstconnectpro.bundle

The fact that I couldn’t find anything baffles me, because when Cubase Pro 10.5 starts I see the following:

Screenshots (initializing: vst connect)

If you can, please have a look at my crash file. Cubase 10.5 is the version that works best with the Score Editor (one example) and I’d like to keep using it, at least for a little bit more.

Crash file (from MacOS Console):
Cubase 10.5-2023-04-26-113001.ips (23.1 KB)

Thank you.

EDIT: I found the solution to my problem (in a post of yours…). I moved the Rewire folder (located in: /Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software) elsewhere. Hurray! :partying_face: