Dynamics: erase background issue

Hi,

It seems that erasing the background of dynamics doesn’t take effect. See the gif below:

That does appear to be a bug. The background only stays hidden while the dynamic remains selected.

The Erase background property only erases barlines and staff lines; it is not intended to remove arpeggio lines or indeed any other kind of item.

1 Like

Ah! Thanks for the clarification. Probably could have discovered that on my own.

Too bad…

1 Like

Is it possible to add an option in engraving mode, that all the dynamics erase the background? Now you have to do manually for each dynamic and for a big project, that’s time consuming.

Also there should be an engraving option to set the distance between Dynamic intensity marking and following suffix. Most of the times, Dorico places the suffix too close to the intensity marking and I have to add a space in order to maintain a correct distance. Maybe that could be automatically changed with an engraving option.

2 Likes

There was a discussion about this last year.

100% agree and I would like to know if there has been any updates on this topic

No, at the time of writing there is no option to erase the background behind dynamics by default.

Are there any future plans to allow dynamics to erase other items like arpeggio lines?

Not specifically, but what we plan to implement at some point in the future is a more generalised approach to specifying the z-order of items, so that you can specify which items should be drawn in front of or behind other items.

6 Likes