Fail to upgrade from Dorico 3.5 to Dorico 4

This is what it looks like:

See here:

Thank you!

Thank you thank you thank you!
That worked and I have the new license

That looks like you are OK to run Dorico Elements 4 now. Does it launch OK?

Now the application suddenly and it works without a problem. Thank you for your help!

1 Like

Glad to hear you’re up and running!

Anybody else still needs help?

First, what a great, fantabulous release!!!
I’m unable to log in and now I’m locked out of my Steinberg account.

Now what?

**Leigh

Once the account unlocks, try the password reset procedure to get back into your account.

Hi Ben,

I"ve unlocked the account successfully and I can get the activation manager working but I still have not received my activation code. The shop.steinberg transaction did not complete although my PayPal account was debited.

Trying to launch D4, I it hangs at this screen:

**Leigh

Really sorry you’ve had problems with the transaction. Please raise a ticket with AskNet support and they should be able to help you get your purchase completed. Until you have your Download Access Code, which you receive in your purchase receipt from AskNet, you won’t be able to access Dorico 4 because you don’t have a license yet.

No worries, Daniel! I don’t have any deadlines. I have 2 licenses and the MacBook Air install went fine.

A huge, enormous WELL DONE to the entire team. D4 is spectacular!!!

Thank you all for your vision and hard work.

**Leigh

Sorry Jonas, but i’ve the same problem.
I’ve got a Download- and an Activation-Code. In the new Steinberg Activation Manager still “Prüfung ausstehend”.
The eLicencer shows only the Version of Dorico 3.5 with the command “not upgradqble”…

Kind regards
Markus

Markus, that’s actually a good sign: it means that your update has in fact completed successfully. Please try quitting Dorico, then running Steinberg Activation Manager, signing out, quitting it, waiting for 10 seconds, then run Steinberg Activation Manager again and sign back in.

It’s the same. :frowning: :pensive:

Paging @Ben_at_Steinberg, who can perhaps take a look on the licensing server and see if everything looks in order there.

Hi @Markus_Voss - I’ve done some clean up on the licensing server now so could you try one more time to log out of Steinberg Activation Manager and log back in again?

Hi Ben, it doesn’t seem to be working. The Steinberg License Manager shows “activated”.
However, it says on my account website that the license is not installed on any computer ?!

Does Dorico 4 run OK?