FR : hiding faders in the mixer

As we have four occurrences of the mixer, I’d like to have one with no faders to have more room for the racks.

Thx

3 Likes

great request. +1

This sounds like a good idea.

I think the easiest way to implement that would be to simply allow the height of the fader section to be reduced right down to nothing (or near nothing). This would permit a variable amount of info to remain visible (like just the track name for example).

Perhaps you need to put this in the Feature Request section (if it still exists on this new forum).

This sounds like a good idea as well :grinning:

You better tag these post as “feature-request” and delete the other one
the new forum has more flexibility in this regard

It’s done : https://forums.steinberg.net/t/hiding-faders-to-get-more-room-in-the-mixer/685319

no I meant tag this post…feature request

Ok, I didn’t know that was possible, and I don’t know how it is possible.

you can add a tag to the nuendo-11 tag

Sorry, it seems I can’t do this anymore for this thread.

done :slight_smile:
you add it by editing the thread title

1 Like

Thx Doc, but I couldn’t access to the title edition. Or I missed something. I can do it to the other thread (probably because it as no answer).

1 Like

Maybe it would be a good idea to treat the fader area like a rack…
so we can change the look of all mixers

and we can decide what is shown

1 Like

Absolutely, it’s probably the best way to achieve this.

1 Like

@Steinberg: Another thread on this topic was closed, linking to this one - so here it comes again:

• Please add an option to hide volume faders in the mixer.
  • In addition, please add an option to see Volume in the main header of audio tracks, much like it is already the case in FX- and Group-tracks. (… see this 4 years old FR for details: → FR: Volume Control Directly in Audio-Track's Header)

What is the main header?

I assume that the track list is meant.

Follow the link in my previous posting → FR: Volume Control Directly in Audio-Track's Header

I vote for adding the option to hide/show faders in the mixer console in Cubase pro 12
I notice that we didn’t get any answer or reply from Steinberg agents on any of the topics that request hiding faders from mix/consol or at least one of the mixers
please review this option, it’s really useful for most musicians who use a motorized midi controller
all the best

Basically what you all seem to want is the Nuage mixer layout right? It’s already in the program so can’t be a huge thing to enable as additional mixer windows.