'Import Tracks from Project' loses input assignments

When I “Import Tracks from Project” I lose the input assignments of the imported tracks, even when importing from projects that used the same template etc. What’s going on here? Surely it should retain the inputs!

Same experience here, this is infuriating during a tracking session and makes the function fairly useless in it’s current state. Will email Steinberg and expect a response in 2-3 months!

Yeah, as a workaround (not convenient for most situations) you can use “export selected tracks” (which allows folder tracks now) from the session with the tracks you need. When you import those into a session, the input assignments are retained. But this is not convenient. Please Fix!

Hi Graveley, Yes I’ve used this workaround in the past, but usually forget to export and then have to close, reopen export, close, reopen import. Not a great workflow. I hope they sort this out.

I also hope they make utility tracks available to import (“from project”), such as the tempo and time signature tracks. Exporting tempo tracks for every file separately is just extra zombie work that could be slimmed down.

1 Like

Working on a 24 input band session today and this always affects me also. Even thought I first recal the same track input preset on the new project first before I ‘Import Tracks from Project’ the tracks that are imported will still have their inputs not assigned.

For new Projects it might be wiser to save a Nuendo Template anyway.

… but apart from that the poor Track Import implementation is quite annoying indeed.

[Bug] "Import Tracks from Project" destroys routing

1 Like

Developers are working on a fix.
For now, import to new tracks and copy/paste the content into your template.

Fredo

2 Likes

This is still not fixed in Nuendo 12. Importing tracks from another project will not assign inputs and outputs. Very frustrating on a large multi miked setup

3 Likes

This is a really, really bad showstopper that makes life unnecessarily hard when you work in huge productions where we need individual projects with similar (or identical) basic setups. And before anybody asks - no, working with Templates is not always an option, for a number of reasons …

Can we have someone from Steinberg to comment about why this has been left as issue across so many software iterations on a pro DAW? And is it on the ‘fix-it’ list for the next iteration?

It’s frustrating. But the workaround is instead of using “import tracks from project” you must open the actual session and “export selected tracks”. Then import them into your new session.

2 Likes

Still broken in N 12.0.70 even though the change log vaguely implies they fixed it

Doing live drums across 10 tracks today. Everytime I import the 18 tracks from the first setup all Input assignments are lost and have to be reconfigured.

Not only that. I tried importing instrument tracks.
After importing one instrument, all other existing instruments were silent in the group. Reassigning was pointless. You had to delete the groups, create new ones and reassign them.
The import apparently messes up the entire structure of the assignments of groups, inputs and outputs.

if you “export selected tracks” from the first session and import those into the new session, (instead of “import tracks from session”), the assignments are saved. Lame workaround, but it still saves me time versus reassigning everything…

1 Like

Used to do this before the feature so will think of it again as a workaround thanks.

But wasnt one of the release versions said to have fixed the issue? Thought I read it on the release notes