Option to turn off mouse scroll wheel changing mixer values!

Would help so much just to turn that off. You wouldn’t have to be so careful with your mouse in the mix console :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Totally agree - mouse usage over the mixer is just dangerous and this option would really improve confidence.

+1

Totally agree.

I am doing it with the software Controller Mate (only for Mac), but I suppose there are other apps that makes the same for Windows.

What I do with Controller Mate? I turn off the mouse scroll when I press the shortkeys that opens Mix Console. When I press the same shortkeys to quit Mix Console, the mouse scroll turns on.

Anyway, it would be great to have a check in Preferences of Cubase to select this option easily.

+1 Same here, it should be an option with the possibility to activate it with a control key (alt, ctrl, etc.)

+1

+11111

this still gets me in trouble frequently as I am scrolling. I understand those who use the feature, but for those of us that don’t it would be amazing to disable mouse wheel for adjusting parameters.

I agree, I generally feel unsafe when I’m navigating the mixing page. Please consider making this change, Steinberg, there are a good number of other threads requesting this as well.

Some selected examples:

It would be great if you could hold a modifier key like Control while scrolling when you decide to do intentional mix changes.

Additionally it would be so helpful if I could scroll horizontally not only from the fader sub-window, but also from the other sub-windows as well.

Thank you.

It is one of the most infuriating “features” in Cubase. It makes the simple acts of navigation and control adjustments a minefield. I have screwed up settings countless times because of this functionality.

What I’d like is to leftclick/drag over a control or data entry point. All the scroll wheel should do is operate the selected window’s miniscule scrollbars. The exception to the rule would doubleclicking on a data entry field (or even a GUI control to make it “hot”) …then the scrollwheel can be used for data entry without changing any window navigation until Enter or Return is invoked.

+1

+1

I might propose something from a different angle:

A modifier key which allows “safe” mouse ball use while hovered anywhere over the mixer window. ie. no controls will respond to the scroll wheel/ball while the key is pressed. This way, you can enter values with the scroll ball AND have safe window scrolling too. :sunglasses:

* I can’t stand trying to turn knobs with a cursor, so I frequently use the mouse ball to enter values. BUT, I also use the mouse ball almost exclusively to navigate around my windows.

2 Likes

+1.

It amazes me that the good people at Steinberg still haven’t done anything about this. So many users complain about this obvious design flaw. An option where one can activate the feature makes so much sense.

This is exactly what I was thinking and suggested in my above post, except the reverse - modifier key allows changing parameters via scrolling. It would be great to have the ability to have the option to change this in the preference menu.

+1
& good job on hunting those other threads, tadashibashi.
It goes back to 2015 & still not changed this critical flaw.
hope this thread gets enough attention this time to not be ignored anymore.
Peace

OMG! YES YES YES! i accidentally change SENDS and INSERTS ALL THE TIME! I’m sure its a MAC thing but PLEASE do something about this!!

+1’ing this one again, so it won’t disappear. Still pisses me off every time I scroll the mixer.

+1

+1

Yes