PLEASE...Varispeed!

Hadn’t seen this long requested feature pop up yet for C10 but requests for it go back for many years and has been ignored so I thought I’d add it again. Both Pro tools and Logic have had it for years.

For those unfamiliar with this feature here’s a vid showing one aspect of how useful it can be: Jamie Lidell's Secret Vocal Harmony Trick - YouTube

+1

One of my Annual Requests since about 2006. I think my last request that was granted took prox 10 years. Any day now!

+1 have to currently transfer projects to Reaper & back if I need to do this, which is such a faff

+1
varispeed on a tape machine was an incredibly creative tool (e.g. slow down/ speed up to record backing vocals to change vocal timbres) and also helped to solve issues back in the old days (e.g. piano riding slightly flat, varispeed down the machine to record in tune and then back up. )

+10^2

I see now Digital Performer 10 will offer the ability to run varispeed, like Logic and Pro Tools.

It’s the ONLY thing I miss about PT…please implement this feature that allows users to slow selected tracks, or the entire session down, so that difficult parts (string runs, drum fills, guitar parts etc) can be played at the slower tempo then put back to normal speed.

Gradually switching over to Cubase 10 has been wonderful so far, I don’t know why it took me so long!

Thx
Tom

+1

+1

+1

There’s an already existing request thread for this here:

Maybe a moderator could merge these threads?

+1

Yes a major ommission in Cubase.

+1