Problem with Vari Audio 3 Cubase 12 (((

When editing several tracks in Variaudio, only the one that is higher in the project itself is visible in the foreground. If you need to edit a clip that is lower in the project than any open track with it, then it is in the background and is not visible for editing. I really look forward to fixing the bugs.

1 Like

CUBASE PRO 12.0.10
Steinberg!!! Do you even read what people write?

1 Like

They do, they said thereā€™s a fix on the way.

There are a ton of features Iā€™d love to use in Cubase 12. But I use 11, because itā€™s stable, there are no problems, Iā€™m making money, and in a groove with my projects. Iā€™m not going to risk that groove by updating software.

1 Like

Are you kidding me? How can one work in such ā€œVariaudioā€? Bring back ā€œVariaudioā€ from the eleventh version!

2 Likes

@Aliaksei_Makeyeu
This is obviously a mess to look at and also a mystery to me how this was not noticed in the development stage and now in the maintenance update. Hopefully this will be in the next maintenance update ASAP.

But they managed to put so many helpful things in this new Cubase release, and with new features there always come some unpredictable behaviours, especially on a multiplatform program, which on top of that also runs 3rd party apps. So this is really a minor ā€œcosmeticā€ issue compared to the stability/performance issues and therefore will be most probably fixed in a second moment.

PS: Will download the update later and hope the performance issue is fixed! Also really happy to see multi track freeze added to the features.

I am a user since Cubase 7 and compared to that time, Steinberg seems to listen more and more to their users lately. Keep that going!

1 Like

@Aliaksei_Makeyeu -

Hi, i couldnā€™t tell for sure from your pic what the problem in Variaudio was ā€¦ is it that the colors appear washed out/not bright?

Thanks!

1. When selecting several tracks for editing - only one track opens in Variaudio. In the eleventh version, all selected tracks were opened.
  2. In Variaudio, the opening of the track occurs from the first measure. In the eleventh version, it opened as it should, at the cursor position.
  3. The highlighted active track is in the background, but should be in the foreground. In the Eleventh version, the active track was as it should be in the foreground.
  4. To activate another track in Variaudio, in the eleventh version, it was enough to click on an inactive track with the mouse. And in the twelfth version, there is no way to click the adjacent segment with the mouse,
    which is completely inconvenient.
  5. Vertical scrolling in Variaudio has become very slow, you have to turn the mouse wheel for a very long time. In the eleventh version, everything was fine.
  6. Pitch curves are now randomly distributed throughout the Variaudio window. Unless the track in Variaudio is loaded from the first measure. Again, in the eleventh version, everything was fine.
    Variaudio is one of the main editing tools. I chose Cubase for myself, because it has Variaudio.
4 Likes

Thatā€™s a know issue which will be fixed in the next maintenance update. Unfortunately we couldnā€™t fix it in time for the 12.0.10.

3 Likes

Pity. When next maintenance update is planned?

@Aliaksei_Makeyeu

This is exactly what I am getting in my C12. Well described.

1 Like

Eu ainda nĆ£o recebi o e-mail de atualizaĆ§Ć£o do cubase 11 para o 12ā€¦ o que eu preciso fazer?

Steinberg please correct this mistake! It is not possible to work with voices(((. We will have to do all this again in Cubase 11? Iā€™m tired of jumping from the program to the program(((Record in Cubase 12, edit in Cubase 11, and then back to Cubase 12 !!! ((( This problem was reported as soon as Cubase 12 came out, but you still havenā€™t fixed it! Or couldnā€™t you? Steinberg please make an update to fix this. Weā€™re all looking forward to Cubase 12.0.11 or Cubase 12.0. 20, I donā€™t know what you would call it. Thank you very much for your understanding))).

The 12.0.20 update is coming soon.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for the quick answer!))) waiting)))

And this time please do not stop with 12.0.40. More frequent, even little updates to correct painpoints in time and then not to let the version die with all the bugs once a new is on the horizon. For instance, Cubase 11 is dead but not finished or even bug free (certainly will never be but acknowledged bugs before a new version is out must be fixed imho).

6 Likes

Cubase Pro 12.0.20. Make sure that when you open Variaudio, the track display is at the cursor position, and not at the beginning of the track.

2 Likes

EDITā€¦ SOLVED FOR ME Thanks Matthias!

So annoyingā€¦ still not fixed. I remember your post. Was hoping this one would be sorted.

Could you please explain what exactly isnā€™t fixed with the 12.0.20 update?

HI. Yes, as Aliaksei pointed out, in C11, if you clicked on a vocal event to go to variaudio, the editor would open at the start of the event (which was great), in C12 it opens at the start of the song (actually around bas 12, for me). This is irrelevant of where the cursor is or when the first event of that track may be. So one has to scroll to the part you want to edit. Not the end of the world, but can be a time waster.

Just been playing around, I did something and now it opens at bar 48, no matter which event I clickā€¦ Maybe I have a wrong setting, I donā€™t knowā€¦

EDIT. It opens at wherever the editor was last closed, even though I reopen on an event from a different trackā€¦ maybe this is intended? Was certainly preferable when it opened near the start of the event wanted to editā€¦

EDIT It is the same behaviour for all audio tracks. If I click a midi part it goes to the correct place, if I go back to an audio part, it will open at the same last audio place.

1 Like

@nikhollis Could you please switch to ā€œAuto-Zoom to Eventā€ in the Zoom menu in the editor and try again.

I guess you have selected ā€œglobal zoomā€.